Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

1 year--- My Charlie

Aimee

• Members

A year ago, yesterday, my life changed for the fourth time. The first time was when I met Charlie. I was 20, he was 29. We were both young and impressionable. I knew within the first hour of meeting him that he was “The One.” He made me laugh, made me feel loved, and yes, at times, made me mad. He was passionate and honest. What you saw was what you got. He sacrificed so much for us. He made me happy. The second time my life changed was when we had our daughter, Tara- he was a goner once he laid eyes on her. He told me once that he didn’t think he could love someone so much- I didn’t take offense- he was a dad. I knew what he meant. The third time was when we had our son, Noah. “That’s my boy!” He would exclaim as pride oozed from his heart. You knew Charlie loved his kids just by watching him as he stood by the fence of so many practices and games. He was never prouder than when one of our kids did well in school or at a game. His family was his life. Charlie was a hard worker. Even though he might have complained often about work, he did it for us. He wanted us to be proud of him. We were and are. The fourth time my life changed was one year ago. I never thought how much Charlie made a difference in my life until then. It’s sad how we can easily take for granted the people in our life. We never think for a second that that person could be gone. I have learned this the hard way. I know that Charlie is beaming with pride as he watches over us. I can still feel his love whenever I look at my kids. And, at times, I still hear his voice saying, “I love you.” I miss you: my heart, my soul, my love.

• Members

Aimee - I'm so glad you are still able to hear Charlie's voice. I'm also glad that this unhappy first anniversary is over for you now.

Archived