Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Unkind Comments

lamp

• Members

How do you deal w/people who make unkind/hurtful comments? It seems I'm picking up more on these sorts of things and I'm wondering if I'm being oversensitive because I'm grieving. In particular, there is one lady who feels the need to comment on how crappy I look and is always recommending certain sleep aids. Gee, I know I look like &*^%, I don't need to be told that. Besides, I don't like taking meds anyway. One lady actually said to me, "Now I don't feel so bad standing next to you because you look so bad and not your pretty and perfect self!" I was so stunned that I didn't know what to say.

• Members

Keep your chin up. Some people don't know what to say and others just really don't care. Be the bigger person and "Kill them with kindness". I am turely sorry that people have to be so rude and ugly towards others.

• Members

Totally ignore them. Better yet stay from around them because they do not know nor do they care about you to be insensitive. Pray and keeping looking forward.

• Members

I cannot believe how stupid and insensitive people can be. I had someone say some hurtful things to me very shortly after my husband died and I haven't spoken to this person since then. I just can't deal with people who make themselves feel better by purposefully hurting someone else. :angry: The best that you can do is remind yourself of how much they must be missing in their lives if saying hurtful things is making them feel better.

Archived