Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Still so lost

misfit

• Members

Hi I am new to this so not really sure what to do! Thats me all over.

I lost the love of my life nearly 6 yrs ago, we had only been married for 10 days and his death was a total shock!

One minute we were married and the next I was widowed with a 5 yr old son and 16 yr old daughter.

The pain never goes away and is so tiring, I want to touch him, smell him, talk to him, so many things.

I never got to say goodbye, we went to bed happy and laughing and in the morning he was gone, if I could of said goodbye maybe I would feel different.

Why do I still hurt so much? Will the pain ever end? Is he safe and happy?

I just feel so lost all the time without him.

• Members

Misfit,

I am so sorry about your loss. The turmoil of the entire experience must have left you just reeling. Perhaps you should seek professional counseling to sort through all of your pain. It almost sounds like you are suffering from PTSD, although I am certainly not a professional grief counselor or anything.

Do you work and get out? Have you attempted at all to meet others--or is that something that you just cannot even contemplate?

How did your children handle the experience? How are they doing now?

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived