Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Thoughts from Beyond Indigo

DawnFisher

• Members

A  reminder from Beyond Indigo -

Many new users are reading the website, trying to get the hang of things before they post.  As we are reminded by Trudi's recent experience with trial lawyers, there are also guests reading these posts as well. 

Some of the deaths discussed in our forums may eventually involve a courtroom experience, sometimes even child custody issues arise as a result of a parent's death - so we just want to remind you before writing too much detail about a personal situation that may involve future litigation, courts, lawyers and such - consider carefully what you share regarding things of this nature or perhaps use a pen name to keep your actual name/location discreet. 

We are happy and relieved that things turned out well for Trudi in this case - some lawyers will stoop at anything to try and win their case. We just felt compelled to share this advice with any newcomers who might not consider such a scenario.  We appreciate those of you who have been through a courtroom experience and are using the wealth of knowledge you've gained to share with our BI readers who are suddenly thrown "to the wolves" in a courtroom situation.  It is hard enough to lose a loved one - but to go through the legal process - that's  grief and stress added beyond measure.

And now, an invitation to our "Beyond Purple" friends...I have started a post under "Please Tell Us" inviting you to share a story about the friendships you have formed as a result of posting on this forum.  We want to hear about the way your Beyond Indigo friends have made a difference in your grief journey. 

We think this will be a great way for newcomers to jump in the pool and get their feet wet...by reading some great testimonials from you and gaining the courage to become a part of this family! 

Take care,

Dawn

• Members

Dawn - how right you are....What we feel here and on our Memorial sites is sacred to us...is in the public arena of the Wide World Web and accessible by all.  To reproduce in hard copy is not against the law....

I think here I have connected with a number of people.  Our commonality is the death of our children.  Our experiences throughout are mirrored by others who now find themselves as we are....lost.

One such friendship for me has been "Summergirl".  Having lost her beautiful Jess she now raises the amazing Tavian.  I have lost my son, his daughter no longer part of my life. (long story). Yet so many things (least of all the uncanny likeness of Jess to Mikes closest friend Lauren) have given us the opportunity to share much.  ;)

I continue to read and post here because I find it has been and continues to be an invaluable tool for support, understanding and in so many ways healing.

I have no intention of beginning an off shoot called "Beyond Purple" however I think it might work as a sub group within Beyond Indigo.......wearing purple!  The colour of Royal Mourning...

Thanks for everything - Trudi  :cool:

• Members

Thanks for sharing - you have helped so many others in their grief journey.

We got a good chuckle out of Beyond Purple (purple being the color of menopause) comment -  kind of reminds me of the Red Hat Society!  "Beyond Purple"

Cute! Very cute!

Take care,

Dawn

• Members

Dawn - Thanks, it was really a high point in a very long and serious day!  The Red Hat brigade, well there's another coincidence.  Walking my dog around town I noticed one, then two ladies with red hats and purple coats/jackets.   Round the corner came three more.....one I knew.  I had nursed both her mum and dad years ago. 

She explained the Red Hat Ladies group were meeting for the first time in our town for 'morning coffee'.  I really can see me being part of this group....over 50, wanting to live, and of course the ever lovely purple........

Keep the faith - Trudi

Archived