Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

We lost our 12 year old son to the senseless "Choking Game"

Dane

• Members

On January the 2013 we lost our son Gabriel in the middle of the night to the senseless tragedy known as the choking "game". I really have no idea why they call this a game, it is anything but. Gabriel was the oldest of 4 children, a son,big brother, grandson, great grandson, and nephew. He was loved dearly and he loved deeply. He had the best smile and he loved life. He loved hunting and fishing and being outside. He also loved animals. He had many friends and his teachers loved him, in fact they drove about 3 hours for his viewing and funeral, and brought with them close to 100 cards made by his classmates. We have since received many letters from his teachers that we will treasure forever.

PLEASE parents talk to you children about the seriousness of this "game" all you have to do is google "the choking game" and there are many good sites out there. WE did talk to Gabriel about this maybe a year or so ago...maybe we should have talked about it more, but we can not change what happened, no matter how badly we ache to hold him and hear his voice....All we can do is pray for God's grace and cling to the promises of heaven...and do our best to spread awareness to this horrible "game"

One little "hug" we got from God and Gabe came Monday the 14th when we tool our other 3 kids back to school for the first time, and after a emotional meeting with their teachers and councilors we left and were sitting in the truck feeling very blah. and Gabriel's favorite song came on the radio out of the blue, i had tried and tried to remember the name of this song for a week to add to his montage the funeral home was making, but none of us could remember it....i dont think we were meant to remember it....i think we were meant to hear it when we needed it the most....the last 2 verses really speak to us....Gabe would sing this all over...at home in the truck on the way to school....

No guilt in life No fear in death

This is the power of Christ in me

From a life's first cry to final breath

Jesus commands my destiny

No power of hell no scheme of man

Could ever pluck me from his hand

Till he returns or calls me home

Here in the power of Christ I stand

Below is a link to a facebook page i made in memory of our precious son, and to help spread awareness....PLEASE visit and read up about the choking game and help spread awareness!!!

https://www.facebook...pTheChokingGame

and this is a link to the video we used at his memorial service

https://www.facebook...152436331530203

post-308254-0-63587500-1358822226_thumb.

• Members

I'm truly sorry for your loss. I'm 41 and remember this when I was a teen. Know that your son is with our Father. Get through this minute by minute, day by day the best you can. That is all you can do. my daughter died at 14 in October. I will be praying for your family. Debbie

• Members

I can't imagine your pain. Losing your son to such a senseless game must be tormenting...but know that he is now singing his favorite song with the angel chorus.

God bless you.

• Members

Dane

I too lost a son to a senseless "game." Brian's game was car-surfing. 68mph with 2 16 year olds on the hood. 1 walked away the other (our Brian) is dead. The driver is now a convicted felon for Homocide by Neglegent use of a Motor Vehicle.

Brian died on 6-19-2008. Our family has just started to enjoy life again. I will happen for you too. Lots of work, lots of tears, lots of pain, but happiness does return.

Colleen, Brian's Mother 4ever

• Members
Mermaid Tears

On January the 2013 we lost our son Gabriel in the middle of the night to the senseless tragedy known as the choking "game". I really have no idea why they call this a game, it is anything but. Gabriel was the oldest of 4 children, a son,big brother, grandson, great grandson, and nephew. He was loved dearly and he loved deeply. He had the best smile and he loved life. He loved hunting and fishing and being outside. He also loved animals. He had many friends and his teachers loved him, in fact they drove about 3 hours for his viewing and funeral, and brought with them close to 100 cards made by his classmates. We have since received many letters from his teachers that we will treasure forever.

PLEASE parents talk to you children about the seriousness of this "game" all you have to do is google "the choking game" and there are many good sites out there. WE did talk to Gabriel about this maybe a year or so ago...maybe we should have talked about it more, but we can not change what happened, no matter how badly we ache to hold him and hear his voice....All we can do is pray for God's grace and cling to the promises of heaven...and do our best to spread awareness to this horrible "game"

One little "hug" we got from God and Gabe came Monday the 14th when we tool our other 3 kids back to school for the first time, and after a emotional meeting with their teachers and councilors we left and were sitting in the truck feeling very blah. and Gabriel's favorite song came on the radio out of the blue, i had tried and tried to remember the name of this song for a week to add to his montage the funeral home was making, but none of us could remember it....i dont think we were meant to remember it....i think we were meant to hear it when we needed it the most....the last 2 verses really speak to us....Gabe would sing this all over...at home in the truck on the way to school....

No guilt in life No fear in death

This is the power of Christ in me

From a life's first cry to final breath

Jesus commands my destiny

No power of hell no scheme of man

Could ever pluck me from his hand

Till he returns or calls me home

Here in the power of Christ I stand

Below is a link to a facebook page i made in memory of our precious son, and to help spread awareness....PLEASE visit and read up about the choking game and help spread awareness!!!

https://www.facebook...pTheChokingGame

and this is a link to the video we used at his memorial service

https://www.facebook...152436331530203

Thank you for sharing....very moving...May God's Arms of Healing, Love, Mercy and Grace be around you and yours....Blessings....

Archived