Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

anxiety over loss of mother

sblohowiak

• Members

Hi

I am new to the group. My mother just passed away. I am trying to cut myself some slack and remember the good times. I also have issues with anxiety and am trying to keep it together, but it's hard. How does everyone deal with anxiety?

Thanks for listening.

• Members
BreathofAngel

Hi

I am new to the group. My mother just passed away. I am trying to cut myself some slack and remember the good times. I also have issues with anxiety and am trying to keep it together, but it's hard. How does everyone deal with anxiety?

Thanks for listening.

Dear friend in mourning,

Please accept my deepest condolences on the physical passing of your Mother.

Welcome to the group and I hope that you will find new friends here who have experienced much of the same as you are currently undergoing who will be able to share some of their thoughts with you as well. You are correct in trying to remember the good times, afterall, those are the ones that truly matter. Many people tend to remember only the negative parts of a loved one's experience such as their prolonged illness, their suffering, their last days, etc. and that is what can bring people down. We need to instead pay more attention to the times we had together with our loved ones and the beautiful memories that shall always exist as golden gems in our heart.

I am sorry that you are having to deal with anxiety. That can be very tough especially coupled with the loss of a dear one. IMHO, I feel that anxiety is brought about through not being able to fully understand the life/"death" situation. When one does not understand that each and every person on Earth has their time here and when it becomes time for them to return to spirit they must leave, then it becomes harder for them to accept thus, I feel, anxiety can ensue. When one is anxious about a situation other areas of being also are affected and come into play. But when one fully realizes that once a dear one is gone there is nothing that can bring them back and then integrate that thought with their feelings and understanding it starts to ameliorate the situation, not completely eliminate it but it may help one to grab ahold of themselves better such as to realize that they had nothing to do with that person's passing thus, the matter should be surrendered to God, the Creator who is fully in charge of a person's birth through their passing and ultimate return to Him.

Again, I am sorry that you are undergoing these feelings presently. May your days be filled with sunshine in knowing that you have not lost your Mother but that she is still with you in spirit! When one understands about life and then the Continuation Of Life it becomes easier on them and can possibly help a person to avoid feeling overly anxious about the situation.

Many blessings to you, dear friend! Please feel free to speak to us as you are led. We are here for you and again, WELCOME to the forum!

Grieving the Loss of a Parent: http://dying.lovetoknow.com/grieving-loss-parent

Support Groups for Losing Your Parents | eHow.com: http://www.ehow.com/info_7892812_support-groups-losing-parents.html

• Members

Hi I am sorry for your loss, I know that does not really help but my thoughts are with you.

BreathofAngle

Your words

When one does not understand that each and every person on Earth has their time here and when it becomes time for them to return to spirit they must leave, then it becomes harder for them to accept thus, I feel, anxiety can ensue. When one is anxious about a situation other areas of being also are affected and come into play. But when one fully realizes that once a dear one is gone there is nothing that can bring them back and then integrate that thought with their feelings and understanding it starts to ameliorate the situation, not completely eliminate it but it may help one to grab ahold of themselves better such as to realize that they had nothing to do with that person's passing thus, the matter should be surrendered to God, the Creator who is fully in charge of a person's birth through their passing and ultimate return to Him.

Thank you for your words they have hit home to me.

• Members
BreathofAngel

Hi I am sorry for your loss, I know that does not really help but my thoughts are with you.

BreathofAngle

Your words

When one does not understand that each and every person on Earth has their time here and when it becomes time for them to return to spirit they must leave, then it becomes harder for them to accept thus, I feel, anxiety can ensue. When one is anxious about a situation other areas of being also are affected and come into play. But when one fully realizes that once a dear one is gone there is nothing that can bring them back and then integrate that thought with their feelings and understanding it starts to ameliorate the situation, not completely eliminate it but it may help one to grab ahold of themselves better such as to realize that they had nothing to do with that person's passing thus, the matter should be surrendered to God, the Creator who is fully in charge of a person's birth through their passing and ultimate return to Him.

Thank you for your words they have hit home to me.

You're most welcome, dear Kaycee! I'm very glad if it has helped you in some way.

This is a very interesting posting I found recently that explains the situation in a truly amazing way!

A Parable Describing Death As A Transition to A Better Afterlife

-The Story of the Dragonfly- http://members2.boardhost.com/adcfriends/msg/1358351407.html

• Members
Brokenheart22

I too have been suffering from anxiety since the passing of my mom. I have tried meds since a recent E.R. Trip from one of those attacks but had severe side effects to the meds. I recently watched a sermon online that has been very helpful. Dr. Charles Stanley @intouch.org and it was called "victory over anxiety" . Very good and helps you understand where the anxiety is coming from, I have since started listening to all of his sermons to overcoming emotions! Please feel free to message me!

Archived