Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

sucidal process cold truth

JD99501

• Members

I am not going to beat around the bush or feed you the rediculus line tags you always hear.

There is NO "thought" to it.

There is NO "plan"

It comes, it lies, and in a voice you find hard to ignore. A whispery voice explaining how everything will be fine. How they will get along without you. Everything you can think of that will bring you to want to stay. It will always explain how it would work out and that it will be okay.

When you try to speak your silenced by it. Compelled to hint trying to reach out but somehow you stay silent.

Jusy try to remeber the soft voice is always lying.

It almost got me twice in the few months after my son passed. It still likes to talk to me when I am angry or stressed.

Both times I was saved by an act of kidness and understanding word. Allowing me to reach out.

• Members

DEAR SURREAL

I DO HEAR YOU AND HAVE BEEN EXACTLY WHRE YOU SO PERFECTLY DESCRIBE. I ALSO HAD A KIND PERSON REACH OUT AND IT SILENCED THE VOICE FOR A TIME. THAT IS WHEN I REALIZED I HAD TO CONNECT AND SHARE MY PAIN OR I WOULD NOT SURVIVE. THIS BOARD SAVED MY LIFE. I DO HOPE YOU CONTINUE TO SHARE

YOU ARE NOT ALONE

• Members

it is a quiet, deadly whisper that tries to persuade you that it will be fine. think how sad and broken we are, surely someone out there would feel the same. it seems the leaving is so much easier than the staying. i find it hard not to succumb sometimes too. some days the leaky boat we are in seems to take too much effort to bail. like betty this board has been a place where i can share the crushing pain and not feel so alone. keep talking to us, we will do our damnedest to keep you afloat. you are in my heart on this dreary rainy day.

• Members

Yes. I hope all of you who read this and have this problem notify your friends and family to keep an eye. The best way to break someone who make be stuck in the process I have found to be a simple act of kindness. Just reaching out to them breaks it. Becasue in my experience and the descriptions of others when your in that process it has control and simply reaching out to someone is near impossible.

~JD

• Members
Silvergirl61

I'm glad you posted this. And you are right, it's almost impossible to reach out to someone. It's hard to not just give in, if only to make it stop hurting so much....but, if nothing else.. force yourself to get up and go out, to a diner, or a bookstore, or someplace there are other people,or just outside into the open air, and walk , or come here, and read posts, write one, or check the chat room. And make yourself a promise..you will call someone and give them the chance to change your mind, and replace that voice, with a different one, for a little while. Hang on, just little longer... it may be better,in a minute or two.

Archived