Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Starting New...

Aimee

• Members

I have said it here before many times... I can't wait until this year is over, like the date changing is going to take away all the sorrow and pain that I have experienced. It won't. However, I will find a way to move forward and make things new.

I loved my husband with every ounce of my being. With all the passion one can have for another. I miss him so much it hurts. I know that feeling will never go away, but I have to keep going. My children depend upon it. My family prays for it. My friends wish it. I need it.

If I plan to honor and respect who my husband was, I need to let him go. Alfred, Lord Tennyson once said: "It is better to have loved and lost, then to never love at all." I have had the greatest love possible here on Earth. I will never try to replace that. No one will ever come close. My Charlie was 'the one.' So few people get that opportunity to meet and love their soul mate. I was lucky to have had My Charlie. I was one of the blessed few that spent my life with one true love. Even though it wasn't perfect, man, was it not perfect, we grew into a beautiful family that enjoyed to laugh. I must continue that family of laughter, for him.

With that said... I pray that each of you here will find the laughter again. I wish you all the love and joy now and forever. I believe that all of us here are part of a master plan, and even though, we don't agree with the 'planner', we all have our purpose. We have to trust that.

I will continue to honor My Charlie by leading a bereavement group in my church. I am determined to help support those who are hurting and lost. I will share my story and hope others will find a way to share theirs. I am sure I will have days when the hurt is much, and I will need support myself; but until then, I will give myself to the service of celebrating those lost to us. "Wisdom is nothing but healed pain." Robert Gary Lee

Happy New Year to all.

Aimee

• Members

You said so MUCH in that post. I miss my husband so much, I can not or do not want to feel so much pain. He was sick a long time and I took care of him all but 12 hours and part of that time I layed in bed with him at the hospital. I sit here with tears running down my cheek now. I know wht it is to love and be loved. I had him for 32 years - my anniversary is tomorrow and I am so sad today. just picking this place to get it off my chest. I also have lead a group at my home from time to time. I have good support most of the time and yet not every day is it that way. I will never love that way again, yet someday I hope to find someone who can be in my life in a limited way. Thanks again for posting what you did as it prompted me to unload this.

caremal

Archived