Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The light has gone

Brianm

• Members

My partner passed away 2 weeks ago and i cannot express in words the emotions i feel.She was everything to me.I cared for her for nearly 7 years and although the illness was life threatning her death was so sudden and unexpected i feel so devastated,I have no idea how i am going to deal with this.My body is crying out for sleep and nourishment but i can give it neither.I feel so guilty for failing her in her last hours.This is hell on earth and if i could have just 1 more minute to tell her how sorry i am i would gladly take her place.

• Moderators

Brian, I'm so sorry. I was where you were last year. Everything you said I felt (or said out loud to nobody) many times. Take this a day at a time and this place is here to help whatever way it can. Also pls consider grief counseling, I know it helped me a lot.......

• Members

Brian I also have been in your shoes. I think of the song one more day- ( leaves me wishing for one more day with you). One more day is what i wanted and could not have it. i cried and cried wanting more time. Our minds know one thing and our hearts feel another - it takes our hearts a LONG time to catch up to the rest of our body.

I know about not eating well as well, I lost 20 lbs in the first 2 months of my loss which took place in April of this year. I am eating better now and you will also. The pain of our loss will never go away - yet time helps it to not hurt so much. I know you will be ok and as W2 said this is a GREAT place to spend time to get support when you need it and to give it when you can. We are all part of this group we never wanted to be part of. I send you a big hug.

Archived