Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

andrew john sheppard

johnsheppard

• Members

on june 12 2012 the wrost call a parent could ever get my son was missing in terra nova river the next day he was found he didnt make it i have been so heart broke ever scence me and him did everthing togeather he was my life and my best friend he told me many times i was his best friend life has been so hard to deal with ever scence i go to the cematary every day and night to be with him we put up a small xmas tree for him the other day i also wrote a song about him and what we have beeen going through without him never wrote a song before but this just came to me one night and i wrote it down hope it helps someone and share it with anyone you like thank you john

• Members

Dear John

I am so very sorry to read of the loss of your precious son, I do know the pain and heart ache you describe and would like to suggest that you come here often and share your pain, your love and the joy you have had being a Dad to your beloved son. he is a handsome young man and I can see the love your family knew from the picture.

I could not find the poem so lovingly composed so please repost it i would love to read it.

I lost my only son Stephen 5 years ago and finding this site, reading, posting and connecting with others who understand because they are on the same road helped me to keep showing up and eventually begin to attempt to move forward.

This road is long and it is two steps forward one step back I found that making an album in the Gallery Section also helped me to feel better

Keep coming back

• Members

thankyou do you want the words of the song or repost it i just found this site so im giving it a try i still go to the cematary every day and night i cant help it and i still call his phone i get his voise its all i have left andrews dad john

• Members

Hi Andrew's dad, John

I know that you feel closer to your son by listening to his voice and going to the cemetery. I did that for a long time as well. Do what you need to stay sane and show up.

Keep coming here as well it does help. Oh ,yes, I would love to read your poem

• Members
Mermaid Tears

We lost our son, John David.....and I just want you to know that many are feeling just like you....the sadness and grief that hurts...and it is a physical hurt, too. You just do what you feel like you have to to keep going...I bought every book by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross....there will be many around you that cannot touch or understand what you are going through...but finding this forum has helped me so much....it takes one to know one.....Bless you and yours....May God's Hands of Healing, Mercy, Love and Grace embrace you.

• Members

i will post the words of the song i wrote as soon as i get a chance but today our mha is doing a reading about andrew in parliment building today the town wanted to do something to honor him they are renaming the bridge the andrew john sheppard memoral bridge the fire also decated their firemans ball to him this year he was also a 3td generation firefighter he earned a lot of respect here in town we tought him to respect everyone as he would like to be and thats how he lived always a smile and talk to anyone

• Members

Dear Andrew'sDad, John

Andrew sounds like a wonderful son and a true treasure to his community I am so glad that he is being honored.

Do not worry about posting the song--- When ever you find the time and get the chance, it will happen.

Glad you are here.

• Members
Mermaid Tears

What a joy in your heart...for your community to reach out and remember your son....what a bright light he carried...and still does...

Archived