Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Looking for someone to talk to!

Gill

• Members

I lost my mum 2 months ago! Looking for someone to talk to I hurts so much. Looking for someone how's going through the same thing for some support. Anyone help?

• Members

Dear Gill it is now 10 months for me. I am an only child and she was my mum, my friend and my kids mum. I went to a strong depression, could not bare the anguish and the pain. I lost weight, couldn't sleep, I really reached a sad place. One thing I know is that I am now better, not the same, never will be, a little sadder, but able to celebrate and rejoice on having had her in my life! I recommend that you go through the pain, up to a reasonable level. It is important to embrace pain and loss, accept the grievance. Therapy and anti depressives helped me. I take very small and control dose but it certainly took the edge away. I looked for a doctor and he prescribed me Celexa which was a life saver during the initial months. Be strong and sail with serenity through this phase of your life. It is still your life, just a sadder version of it. Take care, Monica

• Members

Thanks Monica. I have a brother and 2 sister I don't want to burden them as they are going through their own grief. I've been to the doctors with anxiety but thinking I may need to go back as I'm struggling to get out if bed in the mornings not the best thing when you have 4kids. I'm sorry for your loss but glad you are better now. It's so hard to talk to friends etc cause if you've not been through this then it's hard for you to understand. Thank you for your advise its nice to know there are people out there who are going through the same thing x

• Members

I lost my Dad in November, he was the closest person to me. It hurts every moment of every day. It's important to know that other's understand your pain and you aren't alone in this fight. I'm currently looking for a psychiatrist because of the people that have replied to me on this board suggested it. I am not saying that you should do everything any anonymous person tells you to but the people here really seem to care and are knowledgeable. You definitely are not alone.

• Members

I lost my mother October 1st. It has been one of the hardest losses that I have ever had to deal with. I miss her still but thankfully have gotten a little stronger dealing with the loss. If you need someone to talk to, I will gladly talk to you. I am so sorry for your loss.

• Members
ForeverRemembered

Hi Gill,

I lost my mom in September. She died right in front of me while in respiratory distress. I relive those moments over and over in my head. Especially at night. This is sure the hardest thing I have ever had to endure. Please know that you are not alone. If you need to talk....we are all here. It is hard, but time will slowly heal us all. We will be able to laugh again (and really laugh. Not that fake laugh that we have all been doing. We will be happy again and we will laugh.) Give yourself time to grieve. We are here for you.

Archived