Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

ah insomnia isn't it great

widower2

• Moderators

:wacko: How about a thread dedicated to those of us who are up and would rather not be.........

Backgammon anyone?? A round of 20 questions maybe?

• Members

I am knowing insomnia to well!! Nothing works, I have tried sleep aids from natural to prescription, I get more exercise tossing and turning than I do anywhere else!!

• Moderators

Sometimes it helps me if I watch TV or a movie or turn on the clock radio to music when I'm trying to fall asleep - for what it's worth. Also I have read/heard that if you're not at all sleepy, get up. Staying in bed won't help. Go watch TV or do housework or read a book or whatever.

Sorry some of you are having this problem too.......

• Members

Well, I was going to start a thread about insomnia... Just when I thought I'd go to bed early and get a goodnight sleep. Struggling tonight.

• Members

Up all night....... Trying to read the Bible to find some sense to it all ?????? Maybe someday!

• Moderators

I recommend Netflix. You can watch on the PC and see if anyone else straggles in to this site - maybe some time we can get up an all-night game of online something or other :)

• Members

Dang it! I missed my chance... lately I have been falling into bed. I suppose it is getting everything set for Christmas. I have kept myself busy with baking, cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping, wrapping, writing cards, and the list goes on. By the time I make it to the bedroom, I am so tired, I can't even keep my eyes opened. I will probably join the insomnia club when the holidays are over and it is just me and my thoughts.

• Moderators

Well bring it on! I guess if there's a day to have insomnia this is it.......

• Members

Hi everyone, insomnia is just part of my life now. I have been doing better but there are still times when to many thoughts are in my head and I just can't stop.

Mike

• Moderators

OK surely I'm not the only one still messing with this :wacko: Come out come out wherever you are -

• Members

4 am last nite.....and actually come to think of it all week....only trouble is im on pretty much the opposite time from you guys or id be keeping you all company.....and if that doesnt scare ya to sleep nothing will ;)

Like everyone else i think, its that GETTING to sleep thats the hard part....trying to stop the mind from being overactive is hard........actually nigh on impossible, and atm i also have worries about where im going from here since certain things in my world will be changing, and i have little to no control over them. i sleep with music or the tv going just so i dont have to think, cos if i think i just start going round and round in circles and getting really upset, which doesnt help anything.

• Members

I use to have insomnia, had it for years. As soon as I went to bed my brain would not shut up, then I would keep waking up all night long. After my husband's passing I was put on some kind of sleeping pill, it did wonders. I am off them now but as soon as my head hits the pillow I am out till my alarms goes off, but I still wake up tired (what is up with that). At first I thought it was the meds that trained my over active brain to shut up at night or maybe it is because I am working 12 hours a day that helps me.

Someone once suggested while you are trying to fall asleep to listen for sounds. Suppose to stop the over active brain. Remember studying something you didn't understand, how it made you sleepy. Maybe reading quantum physics might be the cure.

Sorry everyone you are going through this, it is no laughing matter. Hope you all get a good night sleep.

I am up for 20 questions!!

Off to watch X files on Netflix.

• Members
MissingDaniel

Ah, a woman after my own heart. I have watched the entire series on Netflix. I'm hoping for another movie and I hear they are up for it :)

• Moderators

Pushing midnight and I'm wide awake. Might take you up on 20 questions.

• Members

Lately I haven't had that much trouble going to sleep... staying asleep.. 4 hours average and wide awake. I think I am so exhausted that I pass out more than fall asleep.

• Members

I really feel for you folks who are having trouble sleeping. I had major trouble the first 8 months or so. I am finally where I can sleep and sleep good without any pharmaceutical assistance. Thank God because that Ambien did some weird stuff to me!!

• Moderators

For whatever it's worth, melatonin did help some - not so much getting me to sleep but having "better" sleep.

• Members

i still have trouble sleeping. it's been 3 years since my husband died. he had a regular day job that he retired from but was always a professional musician since i've known him. he would come home from gigs in the wee hours of the morning, and i would wait up for him all those years we've been together. so, even though i know he'll never come home again, i still "wait" up for him.....having trouble changing this habit of mine!

• Members

I'm going to give sleep a shot tonight. I should say I'm going to give it a shot this morning. Missed my bed time again. it's 1:20 AM, time me. :)

• Members

well done Ern :)....and i hope you got a good sleep too Karen, Passed out on the couch at about 2.30 am this morning and woke up at 4.30.......then back to sleep for another hour or so, then awake again *sigh*

• Members

I think I am going to sleep well tonight. For some silly reason I decided to drink way more than I should have at Jim's friends 50th Bday party last night..I am hungover and on about 2 hours of sleep! Now if my daughter would just go to bed so I could! OHH yeah and Melatonin has helped me some!

Archived