Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

i lost my mom

nevergiveup20117

• Members
BreathofAngel

I lost my mom a year ago and it is not getting easier

I am still in so much pain

Dearest friend in Christ, Just as your pseudonym implies, truly 'Never Give Up'! I am very sorry to hear about the physical passing of your dear Mom and my heart is with you at this time. I know it is hard for you right now to cope. But true healing begins when we can accept the fact that a person's passing is actually a part of life itself and that literally everyone has to undergo this transition at a certain time in their life.

Yet a Mother is the most special person in a person's life or should be. That is what makes it all the harder when the time comes. However, please know that the love from a Mother to a daughter or son continues forever! That is something that will never cease to be and cannot be broken and is a gift that God has given unto us to bring us great comfort in our time of need.

Besides our little group here, perhaps there are other groups locally that you can share with and where others can share with you to bring you added comfort. Speaking about your Mom to others with an audience of understanding, good-hearted people can be a true blessing. But please know that your Mom is still with you in spirit and there will be a time when you will rejoin her. But for now, I'm so sure she would want for you to go on with your life unimpeded. Your mission is still not complete and part of what makes those in spirit truly happy is to see that their son or daughter goes on to achieve something for themselves after their passing. What hurts them the most is for their child to remain stymied in life due to their passing and not be able to move forward.

And that pain can be ameliorated with Christ by your side because you are a Child of God. He would never leave you all alone, dearheart, and will help you up when you are feeling down. Turn to Him in prayer and He will help to guide you and your life and will act as a lamp unto your feet so that you can truly move forward in the right direction as you were meant to do!

Please know that we are here for you with great love. Feel free to post as many times as you wish!

May God bless you and keep you safe and sound and surround you with His healing light and eternal love!

http://dying.lovetoknow.com/grieving-loss-parent

http://www.hospicenet.org/html/parent.html

---------------------------------------------------------

If you could hold the ocean in your arms, it still could not compare with the vastness of love a Mother has in her heart for her child. -- BreathofAngel

• Members

My father died over 5 years ago, and I still don't know what to do. Yeah, I get up, eat, keep myself alive, all that stuff. But its like "What's the point? The most important man in my life is gone."

He was my best friend, my teacher, my hero. Time can't erase everything. It will always be painful.

You don't have any idea how much I wish for him to chew me out for wearing mismatched sock, just one more time.

• Members
nevergiveup20117

Thank you guys

I got sick the same time my mom was diagnosed with cancer

I became bedridden and could not be with her her last year

I could not attend funeral and still could not get to her grave

My dream is to get well and travel to Canada to her grave and walk same parks we used to together

She was my best and only true friend

I feel guilty not being there for her and not being at the funeral

My sickness and moms passing was soo hard on me

• Members
nevergiveup20117

I also see my mom in my dreams often and when I wake up I have to realize over and over that is is gone

I tell myslef that she is with our Lord but it does not help me

She was only 54 and full of life

• Members

The loss of a parent is one of the most unbearable experiences ever. I cannot begin to imagine the heartache. They say time heals all wounds but there are some that simply leave a hole in our heart. I'm so very sorry for your loss!

Archived