Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Dream About My Dad

SadRN

• Members

Well, it has been a year and a half since my dad died and I really thought I was doing better. Back into the routine- work, life. Had my son's 8th birthday party in October and started looking around for my Dad. He wasn't there. It hit me pretty hard. Then yesterday morning I had a dream that I was at a family function and everyone was drinking and I kept asking for my dad and finally someone told me he was gone. And I started crying hysterically in the dream, and woke up crying- literally (tears and all). I miss him. It's palpable. I am sad. I always get a little Seasonal Affective Disorder in the winter, but it's hitting me pretty hard right now. I feel so alone.

• Members
BreathofAngel

Well, it has been a year and a half since my dad died and I really thought I was doing better. Back into the routine- work, life. Had my son's 8th birthday party in October and started looking around for my Dad. He wasn't there. It hit me pretty hard. Then yesterday morning I had a dream that I was at a family function and everyone was drinking and I kept asking for my dad and finally someone told me he was gone. And I started crying hysterically in the dream, and woke up crying- literally (tears and all). I miss him. It's palpable. I am sad. I always get a little Seasonal Affective Disorder in the winter, but it's hitting me pretty hard right now. I feel so alone.

My dearest (((((((SadRN))))))),

I am so very sorry to hear you are experiencing pain from the loss of your dear Dad. I wish mere words could bring healing to your soul and spirit at this time but I know ever so well that things like this do take good time to begin to ameliorate. It appears that there is no miraculous panacea other than to have our loved ones now in spirit appear before us incarnate again. But since that is not quite possible, the next best thing is to receive a dream visit from them as a way of an ADC.

Many times when the heart is saddened by much grief over the loss of a beloved one, dreams seem to take over to bring those inner feelings into full expression via the dream state. But the good thing is that such feelings are surfacing as once they do you will be able to grasp the situation better and with God's help you can obtain much Strength from your experience. I know you miss him greatly, dearheart! That is what makes it ever so painful, especially just before the holidays that are just around the corner when families want to be intact and be together for the special occassion. But know that you are not alone! Your dear Dad is right there with you! If you have any misgivings about how that can happen just contact KATE, one of our dear members, who recently wrote here about a fabulous experience that validated the fact that her son who is in spirit was still right beside her! And so it is with our beloved. They are still very much here with us! We just need to realize and accept that fact in order to allow healing comfort into our life.

One method that has worked for many people is to speak out loud to your loved one in spirit. Speak just as you would or did when they were incarnate because they can still see and hear you and what you want to say to them! Or you can write them a letter and then read it aloud. That is also done in many instances.

For more on this wonderful subject matter just scroll downward at the main page of the forum and you will see a section that reads:

SPIRITUAL/RELIGIOUS BELIEFS (as the main topic)

(and the subtopic) ADCs, Visions & Dreams

Here's my special invitation to that section that contains much more information and comforting words from those who have experienced similar things, and I often write on Afterlife matters there as well. There is a new thread about a doctor who appeared in NEWSWEEK who had a remarkable NDE, as well as a follow-up posting about another doctor who has discovered a way to induce an ADC that is truly worth reading about!

http://forums.grieving.com/index.php/forum/28-adcs-visions-dreams/

May God bless you and pour His Divine healing balm unto your heart and spirit and embrace you in His most loving arms!

---------------------------------------------------

Those in spirit still wish to communicate with us as we do with them. Watch for the signs that are ever subtle but nevertheless present! -- BreathofAngel

Archived