Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Steven

Stevens Other Mother

• Members
Stevens Other Mother

I lost my 23 year old nephew 7 weeks ago. He was like a son to me. Both my nephews are the sons I could never have. I feel so lost. No one seems to understand the feelings that I have other than my sister, Stevens Mother. Its like it was yesterdays news and today I should be over it. How did we become such an instant society?

• Members

I found the same thing when I lost my friend. Even people that so called cared about him thought that after a month or so that was it, it was over. Steven's memory goes on. You and your sister must make sure you help each other through it. You both know how hard it is but you still have each other.

• Members

I think people have a hard time knowing what to say. It is easier on others to act as if it's time to move forward and unless you've experienced that type of loss it's very difficult for another to understand. I don't think they are intentionally being insensitive; just don't really know WHAT to do or say. ((hugs)) So very sorry for your loss!

• Members
Stevens Other Mother

Thank you both! Today is 10 weeks since Steven passed away. It seems tuesdays are really hard, of course my sister and I are keeping up with the weeks every tuesday. I have had more good days than bad the past week or so. And that makes me feel quilty. I have quit talking about him and the loss of him to my friends. My husband and I hardly talk about his passing away.

I did stand outside on a very clear starry night the other night, and I said Steven show me something like a shooting star. I watched and waited. Nothing... the next morning, I had gotten up about 4am and went outside to see a shooting star as soon as I looked up! I want to think he just wanted me to wait to see it. I miss my Steven!

Archived