Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Opinions Needed Badly!!

Rms1977

• Members

Am I being mean?

After mom died on 9-18-12, my brother and I have her moms car. She is the unstable, single one, who had no vehicle. She never was there for mom, but we didn't want to be angry.

Here we are a month later, she is still driving the car with moms tags, and NO insurance. She says she doesn't have the money, but she's in the bars 2-3 days a week, and on weekends. She drives this car illegally, and after consuming alcohol.

I am the POA, and am the one who can sign the car over to her. Should I go get it? If she is going to be so irresponsible? I don't want her walking again, but sheesh!

My brother and I are both out $600.00 a piece so far, on funeral expenses. Bill remaining is $3300.00. She hasn't paid a dime. I have only asked she pay $20.00 when she can, nothing...

I feel f she can be on the bars, and waste has to get there, why can't she help?

What do I do???

• Members
kristaleighbird

I would go get the car. If she cannot bear the responsibility then she does not need the priviledge. I would not count on getting any money from her. Just let go of that one. My grandpa is the same way after my father's funeral. My mother's dad actually had to pay up front for the funeral, and we are paying him back, but my Dad's father basically told us not to expect any financial help from his, because it's just not possible...even though we know he has the money. Let go and let live. But take the car. Not only is she endangering herself, but she is endangering others on the road. Don't let her be the cause of someone else's loss.

• Guests
Guest KackleDackle

RMS its simple - go get the car. As POA its your responsibility to do it so think of that as you are collecting it. Just imagine something happened and you had to deal with that as well. Get the car and solve it quickly. Your the responsible one in the relationship as well as the legal one. Good luck.

KD

• Members

Dear RMS, sticky situation but i'd go get the car. if something happened with her driving drunk, it'd fall back on you. she's using you and it, sorry to say. God Bless You as you GO GET THE CAR ! val

Archived