Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lost my baby boy

Gabriel's Mommy

• Members
Gabriel's Mommy

On August 28th, of this year (2012) I lost my first and only son Gabriel. He was only four days away from his first birthday when he caught a very high fever and died in the hospital. Since then, my world has fallen apart all around me and most days I can't even get out of bed. I can't look at my son's father anymore because it hurts too much when I am reminded of when he would hold Gabriel and sing him to sleep. Though I know it is wrong, I often think of dying as well, because I can't imagine this pain ever lessening to a point that I could bare to get up everyday and try to survive.

• Guests
Guest KackleDackle

Hi Gabriels Mum, what can I say? I have no idea what it is like to lose a child but please please reach out to hubby and talk to him. All you both have is memories of Gabriel and ont his earth each other and you need to be open and honest with each other. I always say Cherish what we had and have. Thinking of you KD

• Members

I lost my son 2 months ago. Dustin was my friend and my life. I'm so sorry for your pain. I know how it is to lose a son. I miss him every waking hour of every day. It's not getting easier. No matter how young or old, it hurts just the same. You cannot think of dying...11 days after my son passed away, i wanted to be with him. My boyfriend found me in the bathroom with my wrists slit and I spent 5 days in the mental ward of the hospital. All I did was hurt my family even more. I beg you, please don't think of dying...it only hurts the ones who love you. Please just keep posting on here, it does help!!!! It's all I can do to just get up and out of the bed and then the thinking begins!!! Stay on here and keep your messages flowing!!!!

• Members

Gabrielle's mommy - I so hear your anguish and hopelessness. I lost my 14year old son and wonderful friend just 9 weeks ago in a skateboarding accident. In some ways it feels like yesterday and in others it feels like forever ago. I hear you too about having no will to live. Each day when I wake up the hardest choice is to breathe and face another day without him. I've had many thoughts about dying, not only to try together to Jack, but also to avoid the unrelenting pain of not having him here. I haven't even come close to giving into those thoughts, although I have had many dreams about doing so. I just imagine seeing Jack in heaven and him asking, "Mom - what did you do? Ben (his brother) and dad need you! I'll be here waiting. Go back!". He has always been so proud of me and I would hate the thought off disappointing him ever. In the meantime, I just carefully put one foot in front of the other. After nine weeks, the pain comes in waves for sure,but i can somewhat control it. I hope you have strong friends and or family who you can turn to. They can save your life. Go to the compassionate friends website. They have some good resources for letting people know how they can help you through this.

I'm so sorry for your loss and pain. Hold on tight and try not to push his father away. He is grieving too.

Take care of yourself

Lulla27 - Jack's mom

• Members
JD's Mom, Becky

Deleted

• Members

Its a very sad situation my dear noone can have keep strong in his mind after lost a baby boy.But you have to keep faith on god that must help you in any way.I think about this what type of solution can be made by me.

• Members
GriefandSympathy

Losing a child is one of the hardest things anyone has to face and my sympathy goes out to you. I think the best comfort is to treasure the memories of the precious child and be thankful for the life they had. My mother has written some comforting words for those who have lost a child in her website Grief and Sympathy. I hope they may be of some help to you.

http://www.griefandsympathy.com/lossofababy.html

With best wishes to you.

Archived