being alone is ok isn't it ?

Guest KackleDackle

• Guests
Guest KackleDackle

My husband died 3 months ago. Apart from not knowing how to cope I was so scared of being alone as we had been together 31 years. In recent weeks I have pushed everyone away as I cannot stand the constant flow of visitors and well intended advise. Since then I have enjoyed the peace and quiet and found a lot of peace being alone. People say its unhealthy and I have isolation issues ( I was outgoing and bubbly before ) but truthfully the peace is frequent and I am more balanced. I have my animals, I play music and I do what I want when I want with no questions. Yes I am still very emotional but find more comfort being alone grieving than with others. I know soon I will have to return to work and start mixing with the world again but at the moment I want to enjoy my memories in peace and grieve for the man I adore and love on my own. I understand I am hurting others pushing them away but I have to do what is right for me..I have finally found the good memories we shared coming back rather than the last 7 days of his dying . It may sound odd to some people but this peace comes with a strong feeling of my husband still guiding me.. I only hope it continues.

• Moderators

My husband died 3 months ago. Apart from not knowing how to cope I was so scared of being alone as we had been together 31 years. In recent weeks I have pushed everyone away as I cannot stand the constant flow of visitors and well intended advise. Since then I have enjoyed the peace and quiet and found a lot of peace being alone. People say its unhealthy and I have isolation issues

Don't you love how everyone around you suddenly becomes Sigmund Freud at a time like this :rolleyes:

I have said it many times and will say it again: GO WITH WHAT WORKS. And nuts to the "expert advice!"

I understand I am hurting others pushing them away but I have to do what is right for me
Exactly. If they really care they should understand (or at least try to)...

Hang in there KD.

• Members
UnderHis Wings

I certainly hear you. I don't want to have to entertain people who think I need help. I like time to myself.

• Members

My husband died three weeks ago today. All I want to do is be alone. I know that other people dont think it is healthy, but it is the closest I have to being with Greg. The silence and lack of distractions allows me to remember him and our time together. I know it wont be this way forever, just for a while, until I am ready for interactions with other people. Stay true to yourself and do whatever you need to to heal. God bless.

Deesha

• Members

Dear KD, as you know my husband died three months ago as well. For me, i enjoy (well, not sure that's the right word) my private downtime with my books and my memories. This is a daunting spiritual and emotional journey we are on. The people who care about you as W2 said should understand or at least try to. You seem to have found some sound spiritual footing my dear. Enjoy your memories in peace. God Bless You, Val

Archived