Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Three Weeks Today

drinwi

• Members

Today has been brutal. I don't know why I can't seem to prepare myself for Sunday. It is without a doubt the worst day for me. I tried to stay busy, but I still find myself walking through the apartment multiple times looking as if somehow I will find him if I just keep trying. I am exhausted in every way, still not sleeping soundly through the night, and my nerves are on edge like never before. I am a very even keeled person but just now I can't seem to find patience for anything or anyone. That alone makes me crazy. I find myself wanting time to pass more quickly so I could be farther ahead in this process. Somehow, I have to find a way to make it.

post-260039-0-42528900-1348433444_thumb.

• Members

Today has been brutal. I don't know why I can't seem to prepare myself for Sunday. It is without a doubt the worst day for me. I tried to stay busy, but I still find myself walking through the apartment multiple times looking as if somehow I will find him if I just keep trying. I am exhausted in every way, still not sleeping soundly through the night, and my nerves are on edge like never before. I am a very even keeled person but just now I can't seem to find patience for anything or anyone. That alone makes me crazy. I find myself wanting time to pass more quickly so I could be farther ahead in this process. Somehow, I have to find a way to make it.

Drinwi,

I know the feelings you are going through to well. It is difficult and I have good days then it feels like a step back like today. All I could think of sitting in church all alone is how Mary use to be with me there. So in church today I was sitting there crying and praying nobody would notice. I couldn't control my feelings. Some days it is no problem and I can cope. I cannot control when the overwhelming feelings are coming. I will admit I think it is less now then before. Mary has been gone for going on 5 months now and sometimes it feels like yesterday she was sitting next to me. All I can say is everyone I have talked to says time will make it better, they also say the time is different for all of us. Hang in there and if there is something I can do (like listen or talk) I would be happy to. I will say a prayer for you. I wish I had better answers for you. I wish I had the answers for all of us.

Mike

• Members

I lost my husband seven weeks ago and I cannot seem to accept that he isn't with me anymore. The days seem to get longer and I feel so empty, and totally alone. I can't even remember his face unless I just break down. I wish there was a potion we could take to take the pain away.

• Members

:( I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know if you have done any sort of memorial in honor of your partners but I am a big believer in having a part of them with you helps. I have my grandparents ashes (a very small amount) inside an angel pendant that hangs in my car. I love having them with me and it does bring me a lot of comfort - most often when I least expect it and am just simply missing them. I have bought many pieces as grieving gifts for good friends and they have been very well received. The initial pendants are my favorite and you can maybe choose an M for Mary or the initial of your last name. But finding away to ease some of the grief is going to be essential for you to move forward. I hope this helps.

initial urn pendants

• Members

I lost my husband seven weeks ago and I cannot seem to accept that he isn't with me anymore. The days seem to get longer and I feel so empty, and totally alone. I can't even remember his face unless I just break down. I wish there was a potion we could take to take the pain away.

There is a book titled "Seven Choices" that has been very helpful to me. My husband died June 30th. I seem to be having more days that seem "normal" and less days of mostly crying. Today was not good, lots of crying and feeling hopeless. I'm sorry that you are having those feelings too. Grief is so difficult to endure but there is no way to avoid it and there is some comfort in knowing that most of us experience similar feelings. We are not going crazy but some days it sure feels like it. How long were you married? I realize now that it is never long enough. We were married for 37 years. Wishing some better days for you. Kay

Archived