Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

loss of married child

makenzieh

• Members

I I wish I had something of my son's to hold onto. All I have are the pieces of his car I picked up at the accident scene. I have not been given anythin by his wife; she has not even given me back the picture board my daughters and I did for the funeral. My son had left me a draft message on his phone....he had not sent the message to me. It was the last thing my son had to say to me, and it meant so much to me to hear his voice and hear the love in his voice. I asked his wife if I could tape record it and she said ok; but when I went to do that, she had deleted it. I could fill a page with the hurtful things she has done and said, but it does no good. I have decided not to be her punching bag anymore. The last straw was when she said our family will not be seeing the girls unless her new boyfriend is invited to everything. It is so awful to bury a child, and then to have the added pain she inflicts is beyond words. I have been enduring all of it so I can be near my granddaughters, but I just cannot do it anymore.

So I am not sure when I will get to see them again. But they have had so many good years with me, and great times together, and I know they think of their Dad when they are with me. They always ask to hear stories about their Dad. I am trying not to sound like a complainer.......I really have treated his wife very well. She has turned into someone I just do not know. I am just hoping at some point she will let me have something of his, and maybe get my pictures back.

• Members

Angelfox, I agree with Lostblu!!!! Check on grandparents visitation rights!!! Thank goodness, I have a great daughter in law and I do get to see my son's 9 month old baby girl!!! It's so wrong the way she is treating you!!!!!!

• Members

I would look into grandparent visitation rights. I know they exist nowadays.

Hello. Yes, while going through the Internet, this interesting piece came up.

Grandparents' Visitation Rights

What Grandparents Should Know About Regaining Contact With Grandchildren

By Susan Adcox, About.com Guide

http://grandparents.about.com/od/grandparentingissues/a/VisitationRights.htm

Many blessings to all concerned!

------------------------

Feeling empty, sad and fearful?

Turn to God who can make you cheerful! †

BreathofAngel

Archived