Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

get over the heartbreak

dwwtrucking@hotmail.com

• Members
dwwtrucking@hotmail.com

It has been 2 yrs and I still want to follow my son into his grave. My family tells me to move pass this, get over it, think of brighter days. I don't know how. When I go to sleep at night I pray the good lord will take me home and cry when I wake up. Will this end? Please someone help me.

• Members

It's only been four weeks since my son passed, but I can relate to what you say... I too wish for god to take me while I sleep so that I can be with him in the morning... I miss my baby boy so very much...

• Members
dwwtrucking@hotmail.com

How did you lose your boy?

1348183725' post='91426']

It's only been four weeks since my son passed, but I can relate to what you say... I too wish for god to take me while I sleep so that I can be with him in the morning... I miss my baby boy so very much...

• Members

Peanut was one of three boys in an auto accident... My son and another boy lost thier lives, while one must live with it the rest of his life...

• Members

anglelite and Peanuts mom, my son passed away 1 month and 5 days ago. Each day gets worse!! Peanuts mom, I know I've talked to you before about your loss. I love my son and miss him so much. I don't know how to get thru this hurt. I did try to be with my son. I wanted that so much. My boyfriend found me in the bathroom and from there I spent 5 days in the hospital. I only added extra hurt to my family. My family is so upset with me because I can't get past the hurt of losing my son. They tell me I need to live for them and not for my son cos he is GONE!!! If they can get past it, that's fine, but leave me out of it and let me greive or whatever emotion that I'm going thru. He was my best friend!!! I think a person gets thru losing a loved one on an individual basis. I feel it's going to take me a long time or I may never get over it. I hope you can make since of what I'm saying!!!

• Members

Newbie.... I have been in your shoes. My son died a little over 2 years ago. Those first days and months are a blur to me. No one who has not lost a child can know what this pain is......so deep and unending. It hurts just to breathe. What I can tell you is to try to find at least one person who will sit with you, hold your hand, let you cry or scream or whatever you need to do. Most of all, continue to talk about your child.....tell the same stories over and over,,,,,,,,cry, laugh, remember everythin about him. At first you will talk about his death, and what happened, and why, and if only, and if there was pain, or what his last thoughts were. How our children die consumes us for a long time. We want to change it so badly. This takes a long, long, time.........and you will need a good and loving person to just be there and listen.

Then slowly, more good memories move in, you can smile about something he said or did, and how he laughed, how he walked, his favorite food, the music he liked.................. and these thoughts and memories slowly replace the painful thoughts of how he died, and why it had to happen to our child. That horrendous early pain does get to be lighter; it is still there, and at times it still gets bad, but day by day we learn to breathe again, even smile once in awhile. Losing an adult child is lonely......people forget that they are still our children. Age does not matter; losing an adult child is as pain-filled as losing an infant, a young child, a teenager. They are our kids, and a part of hearts are forever gone from us. Be very gentle with yourself, and talk to the people who care about you. Only time and talking help us learn this new way of life. We will never be who we were before.

• Members

Anglelite

What I have done is to look for happiness - all around me. Because, for me, happiness does not come running down the stairs anymore.

Happiness is anything that makes me smile or laugh.

In doing this, there are some people in my life that I cannot spend too much time with. These people are inherently negative and do not help me to be happy.

There are many things we can do each day to make ourselves and the people around us smile.

At 2 years, that is still pretty new. I am at over 4 years and this finding happiness thing is starting to get easier.

Just try it - find (seek out) 2 things today that will make you smile.

The next week, find 3 a day and so on.

This is a long process, no one can tell us our timeline. But there are things we can try to help ourselves and the people around us.

Consider yourself hugged.

Colleen, Brian's Mom 4ever

• Members

anglelite and Peanuts mom, my son passed away 1 month and 5 days ago. Each day gets worse!! Peanuts mom, I know I've talked to you before about your loss. I love my son and miss him so much. I don't know how to get thru this hurt. I did try to be with my son. I wanted that so much. My boyfriend found me in the bathroom and from there I spent 5 days in the hospital. I only added extra hurt to my family. My family is so upset with me because I can't get past the hurt of losing my son. They tell me I need to live for them and not for my son cos he is GONE!!! If they can get past it, that's fine, but leave me out of it and let me greive or whatever emotion that I'm going thru. He was my best friend!!! I think a person gets thru losing a loved one on an individual basis. I feel it's going to take me a long time or I may never get over it. I hope you can make since of what I'm saying!!!

• Members

Newbie.... I have been in your shoes. My son died a little over 2 years ago. Those first days and months are a blur to me. No one who has not lost a child can know what this pain is......so deep and unending. It hurts just to breathe. What I can tell you is to try to find at least one person who will sit with you, hold your hand, let you cry or scream or whatever you need to do. Most of all, continue to talk about your child.....tell the same stories over and over,,,,,,,,cry, laugh, remember everythin about him. At first you will talk about his death, and what happened, and why, and if only, and if there was pain, or what his last thoughts were. How our children die consumes us for a long time. We want to change it so badly. This takes a long, long, time.........and you will need a good and loving person to just be there and listen.

Then slowly, more good memories move in, you can smile about something he said or did, and how he laughed, how he walked, his favorite food, the music he liked.................. and these thoughts and memories slowly replace the painful thoughts of how he died, and why it had to happen to our child. That horrendous early pain does get to be lighter; it is still there, and at times it still gets bad, but day by day we learn to breathe again, even smile once in awhile. Losing an adult child is lonely......people forget that they are still our children. Age does not matter; losing an adult child is as pain-filled as losing an infant, a young child, a teenager. They are our kids, and a part of hearts are forever gone from us. Be very gentle with yourself, and talk to the people who care about you. Only time and talking help us learn this new way of life. We will never be who we were before.

It's been a little over 5 weeks since my son passed away. You are right, no one who hasn't lost a child can ever know the pain. What you wrote is giving me some hope!!

Archived