Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Moms with Dad

windycityghost

• Members
windycityghost

Hi .

We lost Mom on aug 23rd 2012. she was 88. Her last few mths werent good ones . but she passed away on aug 23rd at about 5 am cst. her passing was peaceful ( so i am told) she was living with my Brother in colorados springs. i could only afford come to the memorial .Mom was the most wonderful person . she knew the true meaning of unconditional love. ( side note Dad had passed away about 14 years ago) .

feelings are still very raw. ( for both me and my partner) but day by day bit by bit . ahh heck i still have melt downs but becuase of my deep belief in the after life i feel her around at times along with dad and i smile.

my temper seems a bit short ( especially with people on certain subjects ) something tells me this is related to the grief.

The deep grief didnt really start until about the end of the 2nd week of her passing.

Thanks for letting me post .

CL

• Members

Hi .

Warmest greetings, CL!

We lost Mom on aug 23rd 2012. she was 88. Her last few mths werent good ones . but she passed away on aug 23rd at about 5 am cst. her passing was peaceful ( so i am told) she was living with my Brother in colorados springs. i could only afford come to the memorial .Mom was the most wonderful person . she knew the true meaning of unconditional love. ( side note Dad had passed away about 14 years ago) .

I am very sorry for the physical loss of your Mom. I know grieving is different for each individual and sometimes grief can strike immediately after the passing of a loved one and other times it can commence at a later time. It is good, however, that she passed peacefully and was with a family member. That must surely bring a certain degree of comfort to you. Your Mother sounds like a truly wonderful person with a great sense of 'knowingness' about what true love for others is all about. For that I highly commend her in spirit! It is said that God best remembers those (in very loving ways) who have been kind and loving unto others! Your Mom surely is no exception.

feelings are still very raw. ( for both me and my partner) but day by day bit by bit . ahh heck i still have melt downs but becuase of my deep belief in the after life i feel her around at times along with dad and i smile.

I am So Glad to hear that you believe in the Afterlife as it is truly existent! And your feelings are no doubt due to her actual visits as well as your Dad's which can and do occur for those family members who were close to their parents especially. With your belief in life after physical passing (notice I do not ever say "death" because in essence there is no "death.") you will be able to grasp things so much better about the continuation of life which is so important, imho, for every person to behold as there is truly no escape from passing-on. And it is so much better to know what to expect when one crosses over rather than be in denial and then find out all at once that they have learned the wrong things from the wrong people about this very real and important matter.

my temper seems a bit short ( especially with people on certain subjects ) something tells me this is related to the grief.

It will take time to tame that aspect of self but I have learned that when a loved one passes-on tempers can flare and many times it happens when one least expects it and it seems as if the least thing can trigger those moments but truly no one can know what that person is going through unless they have walked for a while in their shoes. Remember, to take a deep breath if you feel something especially powerful coming on that could hurt other people or loved ones around you. It has been said it is better to go and punch a pillow and yell at it rather than to do it to a person. I have to strongly agree with that!

The deep grief didnt really start until about the end of the 2nd week of her passing.

Yes, and again it works differently for each person as no two people are entirely alike. But take heart in that you know life continues and that your dear Mother has only shed her physical body but has stepped into her wonderful Spiritual Body (along with her soul) and is in a place where there is no more hurt, anger, trouble, or woes. Perhaps that is why so many people who have had NDEs say they never wanted to return to this world after being in the next for the short period that they were during their experience! I can surely understand why, after so many people tell of the beautiful places there are in that other dimension and the beauty that surrounds it and is so much a part of it.

And just as a reminder, this forum also has another area for posting about ADCs, etc! Just scroll downward on the main page. It is under:

SPIRITUAL/RELIGIOUS BELIEFS

ADCs, Visions & Dreams

Thanks for letting me post .

You are more than welcome, ((((dearheart)))), and I, for one, am glad that you did! Please know that you have a new circle of friends here who understand perfectly what you are going through and welcome you to talk about it as often as you like and we're ready to listen with open ears and embrace you with a warm heart!

CL

I am enclosing an excellent website you may find interesting about NDEs and the Afterlife.

http://www.neardeathfoundation.org/neardeathfoundation/extraordinary_experiences_of_the_bereaved.asp

May God bless you and your family always in all ways!

-----------------------------

Feeling empty, sad and fearful?

Turn to God who can make you cheerful! †

BreathofAngel

• Members
windycityghost

Thank You for your kind reply.

i must apologize to the forums as a whole . when posting my first topic i didnt realize i had clicked 3 times ( resulting in 3 posts of the same topic. )

CL

• Members

Thank You for your kind reply.

i must apologize to the forums as a whole . when posting my first topic i didnt realize i had clicked 3 times ( resulting in 3 posts of the same topic. )

CL

You're most welcome, dearheart! And no apologies needed for the "tri-posting". It happens. The important thing is that you stopped by to visit with us and share what you felt you wanted to.

May God bless you and guide you along your way!

---------------------

Feeling empty, sad and fearful?

Turn to God who can make you cheerful! †

BreathofAngel

Archived