Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Moms with Dad

windycityghost

• Members
windycityghost

Hi .

We lost Mom on aug 23rd 2012. she was 88. Her last few mths werent good ones . but she passed away on aug 23rd at about 5 am cst. her passing was peaceful ( so i am told) she was living with my Brother in colorados springs. i could only afford come to the memorial .Mom was the most wonderful person . she knew the true meaning of unconditional love. ( side note Dad had passed away about 14 years ago) .

feelings are still very raw. ( for both me and my partner) but day by day bit by bit . ahh heck i still have melt downs but becuase of my deep belief in the after life i feel her around at times along with dad and i smile.

my temper seems a bit short ( especially with people on certain subjects ) something tells me this is related to the grief.

The deep grief didnt really start until about the end of the 2nd week of her passing.

Thanks for letting me post .

CL

• Members

I am sorry for the loss of both of your parents. I loss my mother on 8/27/2012 and it hurts like hell. I too like yourself find that my temper is a little short lately and that I am snappy. I try to stay cool and my normal happy self but lately people have been pissing me off at work and sometimes at home. I am trying to rememeber how sweet and easy going my mother was and sometimes that helps me get back to my normal self. I hope that with time things get a little better. If you don't mind me asking how deal you deal with your fathers death did time help things get better? I hope so because the days seems so long and unbarable without my mom here. I miss her so much sometimes I yell because I am so mad she is not here. She was my best friend and my love I miss her dear.

Hi .

We lost Mom on aug 23rd 2012. she was 88. Her last few mths werent good ones . but she passed away on aug 23rd at about 5 am cst. her passing was peaceful ( so i am told) she was living with my Brother in colorados springs. i could only afford come to the memorial .Mom was the most wonderful person . she knew the true meaning of unconditional love. ( side note Dad had passed away about 14 years ago) .

feelings are still very raw. ( for both me and my partner) but day by day bit by bit . ahh heck i still have melt downs but becuase of my deep belief in the after life i feel her around at times along with dad and i smile.

my temper seems a bit short ( especially with people on certain subjects ) something tells me this is related to the grief.

The deep grief didnt really start until about the end of the 2nd week of her passing.

Thanks for letting me post .

CL

• Members
windycityghost

I am sorry for the loss of both of your parents. I loss my mother on 8/27/2012 and it hurts like hell. I too like yourself find that my temper is a little short lately and that I am snappy. I try to stay cool and my normal happy self but lately people have been pissing me off at work and sometimes at home. I am trying to rememeber how sweet and easy going my mother was and sometimes that helps me get back to my normal self. I hope that with time things get a little better. If you don't mind me asking how deal you deal with your fathers death did time help things get better? I hope so because the days seems so long and unbarable without my mom here. I miss her so much sometimes I yell because I am so mad she is not here. She was my best friend and my love I miss her dear.

Dad passed some 14 plus years ago . it was sad but had been gone mentally sometime before that. He had alzhiemers . i cried a lot but Mom was still with us so it wasnt as bad as it could have been.

seems we both lost our moms days apart . This hurts the most / Mom was one the most loving people anywhere . she knew the true meaning of inconditional love . My Partners family totally rejected her for 3 years . during that time Mom said to Her " Now You are My Daugther and i am Your Mom" Mom called us her girls.

I too am a tad short tempered right now . i think its because we have lost something so dear to us . i know what you mean about a melt down. actually i felt better after wards . what is helping me is the fact that we have a strong belief in the after life . Moms waiting for Us at the bridge . some day we will cross over and all of us ( including the pets ) will be together . Shes with Dad now .

time will help with the feeling of loss > do u have anyone special in your life right now? can you lean on them? try to smile during the day even when you dont feel like it.

I can say this if your thoughts ever turn dark ( like you dont want to go on )or you start over using drinks etc. please call a crisis help line . also i dont think your mom would want you being so down .

To day we went to our favorite store to just look around . i saw the preps for christmas , well here came the tears and thats okay . the first everything without Mom will be the toughest . but it does get better .

God Bless You in your journey.

Cherie

Archived