Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My mom passed on 9/7/2012

hkuber2012

• Members

Hello,

I am only 33 yrs old and my mom passed away from septic shock on 9/7/2012. Her heart and kidneys were bad from the start; She kept going into cardiac arrest early in the morning on 9/7 and throughout the day until she passed at 6:21 pm on 9/7. I mean, I came in and saw her early in the morning and she was alive but she couldn't talk cuz she was on a ventilator but yet her eyes were open and I told her I was here and I loved her very much I saw her mumble the words "I love you too, Hollie" and she signaled to me to walk to her bed so she can squeeze my hand hard. My dad is alive but he has COPD but I am so heartbroken that my mom is no longer here with us physically. Not to mention, I feel so lost and really sad. She was also a dialysis patient and I was her caregiver and I did everything above and beyond what any daughter would do for her mom I took care of her for just under 2 yrs. I don't know where to start to take care of myself cuz I used to help my mom. I am so sad and heartbroken like you can't even imagine. I am an only child and luckily my best friend since high school has been there for me. My one cousin has been there(sort of) but hasn't been there for me like my best friend has. Any ideas on what I should do on how to take care of myself?

• Members

I know what you mean about taking care of yourself. I seem to be taking care of everyone else and dont know how to stop and do that for myself. My mother passed away on May 5, 2012 very suddenly from a massive stroke and brain hemmorage. My father died when I was 7. I am 33 years old and feel so lonely that I dont want to stop to think about her passing. I took care of my mom too for a long time...she had very bad legs and heart problems and a stroke before this. I think in time we will learn to take care of ourselves...but right now we have to cope and cry and scream and yell becauase we are hurting. I am so sorry that you are hurting too.

Hello,

I am only 33 yrs old and my mom passed away from septic shock on 9/7/2012. Her heart and kidneys were bad from the start; She kept going into cardiac arrest early in the morning on 9/7 and throughout the day until she passed at 6:21 pm on 9/7. I mean, I came in and saw her early in the morning and she was alive but she couldn't talk cuz she was on a ventilator but yet her eyes were open and I told her I was here and I loved her very much I saw her mumble the words "I love you too, Hollie" and she signaled to me to walk to her bed so she can squeeze my hand hard. My dad is alive but he has COPD but I am so heartbroken that my mom is no longer here with us physically. Not to mention, I feel so lost and really sad. She was also a dialysis patient and I was her caregiver and I did everything above and beyond what any daughter would do for her mom I took care of her for just under 2 yrs. I don't know where to start to take care of myself cuz I used to help my mom. I am so sad and heartbroken like you can't even imagine. I am an only child and luckily my best friend since high school has been there for me. My one cousin has been there(sort of) but hasn't been there for me like my best friend has. Any ideas on what I should do on how to take care of myself?

• Members

@ mares2001-That is really a shame for you-my gosh. I am sorry about your losses as well. I feel so lost and heartbroken

• Members

My husband tells me he misses her too and I try to explain to him what it is like but he doesnt understand...his parents are still alove and he has 3 siblings...I am an only child too and I dont wish my situation on anyone...most of the time I would rather be at the cemetary sitting there and just talking to her...People must look at me like I am crazy...I am not talking to myself I want to tell them I am talking to her...I still wait for her to call me even after 4 months of her being gone...I got a new phone and put her cell # in hopping one day it will pop up and it will be her...

• Members

@mares2001- I got the same thing(kind of) said to me at my cousins' wedding(sept 8th) ppl were telling me "oh be happy and celebrate her life" and it's like "are you kidding me? HOW!!!!" I am still in the mourning phase and my emotions aren't a light switch so essentially piss off" I still think my mom is going to call me and where am I if I am out with my best friend but sad to say there's no phone call from her. I still have her ringtone programmed to be quacking like a duck when she would call me. She used to have a pet duck when she was a child. Now I just read about the symptoms from what she died from and I know she was complaining about not feeling well a few days before her passing. I should have pushed her to go to the er but she refused-I know I did everything that I could for her but I still feel guilty but I talked to my "support system" and they said I shouldn't beat myself up about it and time will heal all of your wounds.

• Members

time does help to heal, I know that with my father's passing but it is always there...He died June 9th and this is the first year I had to go through it without my mother there. She was always there to talk to about it adn be dsad for a bit then we would spend the day together and get something to eat...celebrate his life. Another thing that is hard for me is doing things and not being able to come home and tell her about them or call her about what is going on...I have so many events that are coming up and it is hard for me to go to them when I know in the back of my head she cant do anything like this anymore...part of me feels like why should I enjoy myself when she cant.

• Members

very true but she would want to you try to enjoy yourself as much as you can. see I know what you mean cuz I ran into the same problem at my cousins wedding I tried to enjoy myself but after a while I had to go cuz it wasnt fun for me anymore.

• Members

I am so sorry for your loss I loss my mom 8/27/2012 and I am still trying to get things back in order for myself. Stay close with your friend and what family you have because they can help you during this hard time. This group has help me as well. It will take some time we are all different and the way we grieve so I can't tell you how much time. I am still going through a hard time, my whole family has helped each other deal with our loss, it was such a great one. My mother was a wonderful person inside and out. She held the family together and she was so stronge, I see some of her in all of us. It was hard for me to eat and sleep at first my husband had to make me. I hope it get easier in time because this is one of the hardest thing I ever had to deal with, and I am sure you as well. I think it helps to write about how you feel get your emotions out and with time you will learn how to take care of you. It is hard and I will be like that for a while, I will pray for you and your family.

Hello,

• Members

@ hurt- thank you and I am very sorry for your loss as well. I have been keeping in contact with my best friend and my mom's side of the family as best as I can. My cousin actually got married on 9/8 so I think his wife is kinda puttin the screws to him to have him talk to her more-i dunno. The cool thing is that my best friend is there better than my family is which sucks but o well. I feel very sad and extremly heartbroken and lost without her here. My other cousin said to write down my feelings when I am upset. eventually I will but not right yet.

• Members

My husband tells me he misses her too and I try to explain to him what it is like but he doesnt understand...his parents are still alove and he has 3 siblings...I am an only child too and I dont wish my situation on anyone...most of the time I would rather be at the cemetary sitting there and just talking to her...People must look at me like I am crazy...I am not talking to myself I want to tell them I am talking to her...I still wait for her to call me even after 4 months of her being gone...I got a new phone and put her cell # in hopping one day it will pop up and it will be her...

Dearest Mares,

I completely understand what you are talking about! Others, even those who are the closest to you, sometimes do not understand what one is going through until they have walked a mile in your shoes.

I also understand about your talking to your dear Mother at the cemetery. It does bring a certain degree of comfort to go to their final resting place and speak to them just as when they were incarnate because they can still see and hear us! And many times their spirit is still where you are! So when you go to the cemetery to visit her she is there in spirit and gives you her love and support and if you could feel her loving arms wrapped around you, you would know that she was giving you great comfort during your visit there. And don't worry about what other people think while you speak to your Mother. That is their problem if they are unfortunately so close-minded that they do not care to understand about the love that continues between loved ones. And one will also find that many times those people are usually the very ones who are the quickest to point a finger at another and "cast the first stone" as you have so aptly exemplified. So again, simply ignore them and go about your business as you feel led.

As to receiving a call from your Mom, dearheart, don't be surprised if one day you do get something like that! I am not trying to build up your hopes as to it being a definite thing that will happen but it HAS happened many a time to others when a relative who has passed-on has called their loved ones on the phone and has left a text message or even spoken a word or two to them or left it in their voice mail all of which has been reported as happening and documented. So, it is not entirely out of the question nor out of the realm of possibility that it can happen. And just look at the following story as one example!

'Hi Daddy, I love you' - Engineer 'talks' to his dead teenage daughter after developing paranormal detection devices

By Daily Mail Reporter

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2134547/Hi-Daddy-I-love--Engineer-talks-dead-teenage-daughter-developing-paranormal-detection-devices.html#

As to the documented telephone calls from those who have passed-on, this is an excellent website with that information! Incidentally, when you read the letters or acronym "EVP", it stands for Electronic Voice Phenomenon which is in concert with a technique used to capture the voices of the departed.

The Center for Paranormal Research & Investigation

Phone Calls from the Dead By Jim Hale

http://www.virginiaghosts.com/phone_calls.php

Keep Hope Alive! The "dead" are not really 'dead'. They are in their wonderful Spiritual Soul Body now but as close as ever to those whom they love and who continue to love them! Let's learn to embrace them that way and respect their coming back to our dimension to see and be with us.

May God bless you and keep you safe and in great loving comfort always, dearheart!

-----------------------------------------

Feeling empty, sad and fearful?

Turn to God who can make you cheerful! †

BreathofAngel

• Members

Dear Breathofanangel

I know what you mean about the whole spiritual/paranormal thing I have an appt in pa to see a psychic medium in a few weeks which I am excited to do. I also heard a voice when I called social security coming through my cell phone which never happended to me. The voice got louder and louder and louder when I was on the phone asking em to stop my mom's ss. I aksed the lady to have her phone line checked and she replied "oh I didn't hear a thing"

Dearest Mares,

I completely understand what you are talking about! Others, even those who are the closest to you, sometimes do not understand what one is going through until they have walked a mile in your shoes.

I also understand about your talking to your dear Mother at the cemetery. It does bring a certain degree of comfort to go to their final resting place and speak to them just as when they were incarnate because they can still see and hear us! And many times their spirit is still where you are! So when you go to the cemetery to visit her she is there in spirit and gives you her love and support and if you could feel her loving arms wrapped around you, you would know that she was giving you great comfort during your visit there. And don't worry about what other people think while you speak to your Mother. That is their problem if they are unfortunately so close-minded that they do not care to understand about the love that continues between loved ones. And one will also find that many times those people are usually the very ones who are the quickest to point a finger at another and "cast the first stone" as you have so aptly exemplified. So again, simply ignore them and go about your business as you feel led.

As to receiving a call from your Mom, dearheart, don't be surprised if one day you do get something like that! I am not trying to build up your hopes as to it being a definite thing that will happen but it HAS happened many a time to others when a relative who has passed-on has called their loved ones on the phone and has left a text message or even spoken a word or two to them or left it in their voice mail all of which has been reported as happening and documented. So, it is not entirely out of the question nor out of the realm of possibility that it can happen. And just look at the following story as one example!

'Hi Daddy, I love you' - Engineer 'talks' to his dead teenage daughter after developing paranormal detection devices

By Daily Mail Reporter

http://www.dailymail...n-devices.html#

As to the documented telephone calls from those who have passed-on, this is an excellent website with that information! Incidentally, when you read the letters or acronym "EVP", it stands for Electronic Voice Phenomenon which is in concert with a technique used to capture the voices of the departed.

The Center for Paranormal Research & Investigation

Phone Calls from the Dead By Jim Hale

http://www.virginiag...phone_calls.php

Keep Hope Alive! The "dead" are not really 'dead'. They are in their wonderful Spiritual Body now but as close as ever to those whom they love and who continue to love them! Let's learn to embrace them that way and respect their coming back to our dimension to see and be with us.

May God bless you and keep you safe and in great loving comfort always, dearheart!

-----------------------------------------

BreathofAngel

• Members

Dear Breathofanangel

I know what you mean about the whole spiritual/paranormal thing I have an appt in pa to see a psychic medium in a few weeks which I am excited to do. I also heard a voice when I called social security coming through my cell phone which never happended to me. The voice got louder and louder and louder when I was on the phone asking em to stop my mom's ss. I aksed the lady to have her phone line checked and she replied "oh I didn't hear a thing"

Dear MyMomismyangel, (I sure love your pseudonym, it is so apropos!)

Thank you for your great feedback on this important subject. It is much appreciated!

What you heard, the voice while you were speaking to the other party, is one sure way that those who are in spirit can continue to communicate with others in this world. You see, a person who has returned to spirit has, as part of their new bodily composition, a much accelerated electromagnetic field. Thus, they are able to manipulate energy that is used in telephones, radios, TVs, VCRs, answering machines, refrigerators, fans, etc., in effect, most any item that works with electricity or an electric current.

I too have heard such a voice when I was speaking to a lady once who has great intuition and I feel that it was the voice of spirit who was speaking at that time to me, fully taking advantage of the telephone's electromagnetic current, but as in your case the lady at the other end told me she did not hear a thing when I asked her about it. That is how it usually works. And of course it would take a Metaphysician (one well versed in metaphysics) or a highly spiritual person to truly understand and be able to speak to one about what is happening under such circumstances. Most other people would not know or understand about the work of spirit thus, they often mistakenly pass it off as just a voice coming from perhaps another line that got crossed, etc. and that can, of course, also happen yet what you would hear in that case would be "normal" conversation usually between two people, but in this case it is entirely different, and little do they know!

Thanks again for your feedback! It is good to hear from those who have had such experiences as it helps to build on this subject matter for all to know and become more aware of.

Many bright blessings unto you in all loving and prayerful ways!

-------------------------------

BreathofAngel

• Members

My mother passed away in 2006. The last two years I've been working on a website so that I could honor her. I came up with www.deiningthedash.com which is a free online community where people can post tributes, memories, photos, videos and write the biography for our loved ones who have passed on. I hope this can help you as it has me.

• Members
ForeverRemembered

I just read your post and I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. I lost my mom on 9/12/2012 and she was also in septic shock. She was in congestive heart failure and constant Atril Fibrillation and accquired pneumonia before she passed away. It was awful. She couldn't breath and was really panicking. I am constantly reliving that day over and over in my mind. She did not want to be put on a ventillator. My mom had a seizure while I was telling her it would be okay. She went unconscious. She never regained consciousness and passed away two days later. May God put his hands on both of our familes and help ease our pain and sorrow during this time and throughout the upcoming holidays.

Archived