Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Maui, mom and me

Daffodilfun

• Members

Mom and I vacationed on Maui at the same time every year until she got sick. This is the time we would have been there. We vacationed there for over 20 years. We have many wonderful friends there. Last weekend our friends on Maui had a memorial service for mom. The threw mom’s favorite Hawaiian flower, the Plumeria, into the ocean. I miss all those wonderful people. They mean so much to me and mom loved them all very much. I feel like the world just doesn't make sense. I want that time back with my mom.

• Members

Daffodilfun

Hello. I am sorry for your loss. I too lost my mom, it is very challenging to say the least. As I read your post something that came to mind is how wonderful it was of your friends to give a memorial for your mom. They obviously think very highly of her and wanted to honor her and her memory. I would suggest to continue to post on here. Expressing your thoughts and feelings, no matter how strange they may seem, is very helpful in the healing process. And knowing that others have some understanding of your grief is comforting. As time goes on you may be able to offer others support too, which is a big part ofthe healing process. Allow yourself to feel mad, sad, hurt, happy, frustrated. These are all normal feelings to have. There has been a major change in your life and it is going to take time and effort to find some sort of normalcy again, but it will happen. You may want to google "stages of grief" to have a better understanding of what you may encounter on this journey. There is no right or wrong way of grieving and there is no time frame. I wish you the best and hope to see you on here again.

Archived