Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

This Day Just Gets Harder

SharBear

• Members

Today is my birthday....it is also the anniversary of my Dad's death. People say it gets easier as time passes.I find that is not the case. I think about him almost every day.It was sudden and unexpected.....no one seen it coming....I think that has a lot to do with it. I find it hard to cope. I am crying as I write this.I often wonder if I would find it as

difficult if it wasn't my birthday. I never got to say goodbye. For whatever reason.....I am finding this year especially hard. I have been crying ever since I got up. I just can't seem to stop. It is an ironic day...a celebration of life...and a celebration of death to one who created my life.

• Members

Today is my birthday....it is also the anniversary of my Dad's death. People say it gets easier as time passes.I find that is not the case. I think about him almost every day.It was sudden and unexpected.....no one seen it coming....I think that has a lot to do with it. I find it hard to cope. I am crying as I write this.I often wonder if I would find it as

difficult if it wasn't my birthday. I never got to say goodbye. For whatever reason.....I am finding this year especially hard. I have been crying ever since I got up. I just can't seem to stop. It is an ironic day...a celebration of life...and a celebration of death to one who created my life.

How long has he been gone? Was there anything particular about this birthday/anniversary that made it more difficult?

ModKonnie

• Members

It's funny. This year my daughter was playing in Nationals for girls hockey on my grandmother's birthday. My grandmother has been gone for five years this past April and it was one of the hardest times in my life I've had to overcome. I remember looking down on her on the ice and telling her - remember who you're playing for today. Immediately after that she scored and she cried and I cried and my Mom, who was watching it streamed live from Montana, started to cry. My point being that sometimes the emotions simply are what they are. There is not necessarily a rhyme or reason and it's okay to be overwhelmed by them. Some years are harder than others for me.

Archived