Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

My son is gone

Angel'sSon

• Members

On August 15th, 2012, my 30 year old son shot himself in the head with a gun. He had a great job, a wife and beautiful baby girl, 9 months old. He had started drinking recently and never gave anyone a sign that there was anything wrong. He was my best friend. I'm really having a hard time with this. I just need to hear other stories so I can relate to.

• Members

On August 15th, 2012, my 30 year old son shot himself in the head with a gun. He had a great job, a wife and beautiful baby girl, 9 months old. He had started drinking recently and never gave anyone a sign that there was anything wrong. He was my best friend. I'm really having a hard time with this. I just need to hear other stories so I can relate to.

I don't know if I'm in the right group. I've never done this before.

• Members

Dear Angel's Son

Welcome to our Healing Board. I am so very sorry to hera of the loss of your so precious son and friend . I lost my only child, Stephen 5 years ago and this Board and the understanding compassionate people here held me and listened and understood as no one else did. I urge you to post here often Your post is not with the Adult Child secton so I suggest that you click on the Adult Child section then click "Reply " at the top and post your heart. Many will connect and oppfer there support.

My son Stephen was a memem ber of AA for over 13 years - decided he could drink and passed away as a result 3 years later I am so very sorry for your loss

Keep coming back

• Members

Dear Angel's Son

Welcome to our Healing Board. I am so very sorry to hera of the loss of your so precious son and friend . I lost my only child, Stephen 5 years ago and this Board and the understanding compassionate people here held me and listened and understood as no one else did. I urge you to post here often Your post is not with the Adult Child secton so I suggest that you click on the Adult Child section then click "Reply " at the top and post your heart. Many will connect and oppfer there support.

My son Stephen was a memem ber of AA for over 13 years - decided he could drink and passed away as a result 3 years later I am so very sorry for your loss

Keep coming back

• Members

hi angels son,

I am so, so sorry to hear of the loss of your precious son. I am new to this grieving site and have not posted that much yet (I'm sure that will change though) but have gotten very loving and caring responses. I have signed up on a couple other sites but here, there is alot of communication between mothers who have also suffered the devastation of losing their precious children. So this is the site I try to look at almost everyday. The 14th will be 6 months since I lost my precious daughter Jennifer. She had barely turned 33 and was my world, my child, my everything and my best friend as well. We were so, so close and I miss her more than I can even put into words. I have been told, everyone grieves in their own way, don't let anyone tell you how to grieve, give you a specific amount of time to grieve, etc. I was also told early on that if all I can do is get out of bed and breath then I am doing good, and some days that is all I can do. People on this site have said to me talk to your hearts content, nothing is weird, so do what you feel you can do.

Take care

• Members

I have two topics My son is gone. I don't know how to delete this one. I don't even know how I ended up with two topics that are the same. Please leave your comments on the other one that I have, My son is gone. Sorry, I'm still learning on here!!!!

Archived