Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

apology to widower2

cant move on

• Members

I apologize for the outburst on the open forum the other night. I could go on about a psychological condition I've developed due to my ptsd that causes problems from time to time in social situations, but I don't want to use this as an excuse. I screwed up plain and simple. Widower didn't deserve to be talked to like that. And I apoligize to him, and everyone else who also read it.

• Moderators

Good timing, just logged on -

I appreciate it and no worries. It is a tough and touchy subject after all, to say the least. I certainly hope no one who has experienced losses took it wrong either. In fact, I have been thinking about possibly some that you mention, like those who might think it advisable to make up details of their situation or shy away for whatever reason, and just hope such people realize neither are necessary, at least IMO not here. And really, if some pathetic little person "fools" us with a totally fake story for whatever lame giggles or attention they so badly need, we haven't "lost" anything so no big deal, as I believe you mentioned before - just sad that there we are trying to help them in a way they don't need when they could be spending time getting the help they really need (in terms of time better spent forming real friendships with their peers or hanging out w/those peers, or family, or even simply discussion about it online, or if they have mental health issues getting help or support in that way, etc). But whatever.

Take care and best to you all.

• Members

Well I, for one, would hope that someone would never use this forum as their own personal playground. The people who are here are truly hurting and devestated by their loss and are looking for comfort from people who have gone through the same sort of thing.

Archived