Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I Miss My Brother

agayle

• Members

Almost five months ago, I asked my brother if I could keep his children overnight. I hadn't seen my neices in a while and missed them and I have two small children also and thought that it would be good to get them together for a "bunkin party." That day/night my brother (almost 30 years old) got very drunk, drove over to his wife's apartment-they were seperated-and shot her. From the story I've been told, he then went in after her boyfriend who overpowered him and killed my brother. I inherited his two small girls, one of whom is missing her mommy very much. I am so angry, sad. I want so badly to change things, or to give him the chance to change things, but I am powerless to do so. I miss him a lot. I have been cleaning out his house and rifling through his belongings makes the pain so much worse. My brother wasn't a terrible person; he made a terrible, drunk mistake, and one that he never gets a do over on. I'm just so sad.

• Members

I feel for you a loss of a person so close is very hard to deal with I know that very well all you can try to do it do right by his children which by the sounds of it you are!!! I wish you all the best for the future x

Archived