Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Remembering today

Daffodilfun

• Members

It has been 7 months today that my mom passed away. I woke up chocking this morning in the fear I felt. I am replaying that day over and over in my head. I remember being told to get at 6 am so we could get to the hospital. The first words I said that morning were, "This is the day my mom is going to die". I hurt so much. I want her back.

• Members

Personally Daffodil, I was only able to heal once I began to imagine certain memories with my loved one so in that moment I could really feel what I'd lost, but I didn't shut myself off from the memory even when a sad emotion came up but I found myself not judging or declaring the loss situation was terrible either. Then it was like my body felt like because it was tangible it could feel in balance again. I think once you can imagine happy memories with your loved ones and feel those happy feelings without beginning to invoke your own frustrated terrible feelings towards it, then the process gets easier. It can take courage though. My thoughts are with you Daffodil in what you are going through.

Archived