Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Lonely

Mdanielson4

• Members

Why does life hurt so much when we are alone? Its not that we can go out and find areplacement for the person we lost. Alifetime of memories and love, is it lost? Why am I here, what am I supposed to live for? My kids are doing fine they live so faraway. I rarely get to see them. It has been more than three months now andI’m not sure what I am supposed to continue on for. The love for my wife did not die with her;the love continues to grow for her. Ifeel like a lost soul wandering the earth with no purpose. Mary was everything to me, I miss her smile,sharing a cup of coffee and enjoying each other’s company. The love I have for her is the mostremarkable feeling I have ever experienced. Without that spectacular love it seems so meaningless to go on. Everybreath I take is with regret she is not here to share the moment.

Lonely

• Members

Why does life hurt so much when we are alone? Its not that we can go out and find areplacement for the person we lost. Alifetime of memories and love, is it lost? Why am I here, what am I supposed to live for? My kids are doing fine they live so faraway. I rarely get to see them. It has been more than three months now andI’m not sure what I am supposed to continue on for. The love for my wife did not die with her;the love continues to grow for her. Ifeel like a lost soul wandering the earth with no purpose. Mary was everything to me, I miss her smile,sharing a cup of coffee and enjoying each other’s company. The love I have for her is the mostremarkable feeling I have ever experienced. Without that spectacular love it seems so meaningless to go on. Everybreath I take is with regret she is not here to share the moment.

Lonely

MDanielson4,

Of course you miss sharing with her. You had something special that most people never get to experience.

Perhaps now is the time for you to continue sharing how happy Mary made you by giving back to others who are in need, for instance like volunteering at a nursing home, hospital, library, soup kitchen, or homeless shelter. Obviously, Mary taught you something wonderful, and that is that love is possible. Some people don't ever have that and need to know that love does exist.

They always say that giving back and helping others is the best way to help yourself and the rewards are priceless. It will give you a new purpose and goals in your life.

What would Mary do in your situation? Would she give up because you were gone, or would she find a way to make the memories you helped her experience brighten others' lives?

I know the little things are what are so hard to learn to change, but in time, it does begin to feel better. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members

I know Danielson, we've talked in chat. Life does seem so pointless to me too. Had a memorial for husband Jerry yesterday, he died july 5 2012 and although it's been six week or seven now i guess, i am still so lonely everyday. i have a pile of mail to go through for him but lack motivation. I really relate to not having someone to share life with anymore. There is no replacing what we, and you and Mary had. Alot of people were here yesterday and said beautiful things about jerry. he was such a good man, like no one else i've ever met. I felt overwhelmed we more grief when they all left. Alone and lonely again.

However, i think our modKonnie has a good suggestion about giving back to others at a time like this. i work in a field where i get that opportunity everyday and it h elps me. i can't stay focused so much but if you are just sitting at home with your grief , you might give it a try. Until we talk again, love,val

• Members

Danielson,

I share your feelings. Wondering what I am supposed to do with my life now that my husband is no longer here. We enjoyed each other's company so much and it hurts so badly to be without him. I like ModKonnie's suggestion about doing some kind of volunteer work. i think that it does help the healing process to give of ourselves to others. I have done a lot of volunteer work in past years and I found it very rewarding. I would do it now too, but I am babysitting my granddaughter while my daughter-in-law works. I hope you continue to post on this site and come to the Chat room and I hope in doing that, you will find some measure of comfort. Take care.

Archived