Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I want to smash everything to pieces

stephanie c

• Members

Hi,

Please don't give up. I am so sorry about the loss of your brother. I am a substance abuse counselor at a prison, and I see so many women who have traveled similar routes. Many of their family members and friends have died due to overdoses because it all started with a prescription.

Yes, there are unethical and monster doctors out there. But not everyone is like that. Doctors have helped save billions of lives. Your brother's doctor deserves punishment, and hopefully he will get it. It is tragically unfair that some people go through their life never facing the consequences of their deeds, but then others suffer.

Drug addiction, no matter how it starts, is so difficult to understand.

I want you to know that rage is for some people completely normal during the grieving process. Perhaps it is in response to the feeling of helplessness we experience when these situations arise that we are completely powerless to do anything about.

I know you've been to therapy, but perhaps if you attended an Al-Anon meeting, an NA meeting, or an AA meeting, you may get a different perspective on this horrible situation.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi,

Please don't give up. I am so sorry about the loss of your brother. I am a substance abuse counselor at a prison, and I see so many women who have traveled similar routes. Many of their family members and friends have died due to overdoses because it all started with a prescription.

Yes, there are unethical and monster doctors out there. But not everyone is like that. Doctors have helped save billions of lives. Your brother's doctor deserves punishment, and hopefully he will get it. It is tragically unfair that some people go through their life never facing the consequences of their deeds, but then others suffer.

I want you to know that rage is for some people completely normal during the grieving process. Perhaps it is in response to the feeling of helplessness we experience when these situations arise that we are completely powerless to do anything about.

I know you've been to therapy, but perhaps if you attended an Al-Anon meeting, an NA meeting, or an AA meeting, you may get a different perspective on this horrible situation.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi,

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

Archived