Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Ex Husband

Starfairy

• Members

Hi guys I am new here,my ex husband died on the 4th July 2012 and i am finding it hard. We have been seperated for over 10yrs now and divorced for just over 3yrs.

We havent spoken since the divorce its a long story. I dont have anything to do with his family so I have no idea how he died, he became unwell while cycling to where he was staying with his brother and died before the ambulance came.

When me and our son heard the news the shock hit us both like a blow to the stomach, our son did not speak to him for years either we were estranged due to his drinking and his new girlfriend at the time.

Its all such a mess and now we are left feeling shocked and isolated.

I feel i am grieving for the man i used to know as i did not know who he was in the present.

I just feel sad,was very angry but not anymore,I have been up to his grave and left a angel with PEACE written on it, I hope he finds some peace where ever he is but we also need to find peace with the past.

I remember all the good and not so good times so many emotions are rising.I really do feel the loss.

Death is so final.

God bless eveyone here.

• Members

Hi StarI am new here also, but I saw your post and had to reply to say that you are not alone with this very difficult situation. I too lost my estranged partner, last year in March. we have a son who is now 17 and had not seen his father for about 8 years.

We are also not in touch with his family and he had a long history of drink and drug problems. To this day I don't know how he died, and suicide is a possibility I have not mentioned to our son.

This loss is something I have felt I have to keep to myself. I hope you have someone to talk to about this to help you express your grief. My experience has been that others don't know how to acknowledge this loss, and that personally it is very hard to express it. I dont feel as if I am entitled to this grief. This is the father of your child, even though you were estranged, it doesnot negate your intense connection. I don't know if this helps, but I hope so.

• Members

I am friends with my ex and would be devastated if he died. We had a child together. Whether you are in touch or not, he was still part of your life and you are grieving his loss.

My thoughts are with you,

Mandala

Archived