Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Missing my Daddy

Becca80

• Members

I lost my dad on july 10th. He passed away 1 month after my wedding. I am so glad he got to celebrate my special day with me and walk me down the aisle. Today we said our goodbyes to my father. This past week has been the worst week of my life. I've been staying with my mom. Everytime I go to my house I just break down and cry. My husband had to take me back to my mom's house just to calm me down. I miss him so much. I text him every night before I go to bed to tell him how much I love him. I hate to leave my mom by herself and I think that is another reason I get so upset when I go to my house. I am a mess. I just needed somewhere to share my feelings. Thanks for listening.

• Members

I lost my dad on july 10th. He passed away 1 month after my wedding. I am so glad he got to celebrate my special day with me and walk me down the aisle. Today we said our goodbyes to my father. This past week has been the worst week of my life. I've been staying with my mom. Everytime I go to my house I just break down and cry. My husband had to take me back to my mom's house just to calm me down. I miss him so much. I text him every night before I go to bed to tell him how much I love him. I hate to leave my mom by herself and I think that is another reason I get so upset when I go to my house. I am a mess. I just needed somewhere to share my feelings. Thanks for listening.

Becca,

I am so sorry about the loss of your father. Going to my parents' house after my father passed was extremely difficult. Breaking down and crying is perfectly normal, and it is okay to cry. Of course this was the worst week of your life, but it will get easier in time. For now, just concentrate on talking about your father and crying when you need to. Try to take care of yourself, and drink plenty of water and rest when you can. Walks in the park or getting out and about does help some people. Do you have to go back to work?

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi~ I am sorry for your loss. I can understand how you feel. I just lost my Dad July 21, the day after his 57th birthday. I too am a mess, I haven't cried much, i feel emotionless. I just sit here and think of everything and nothing. Don't konw if we can be of any help to each other, but maybe it would be nice to talk to someone that is going through the same things I am.

• Members

Hi

I can totally understand your loss. I lost my father too this year. When you are very close to someone, its really diffcult to accept their loss in totality. My dad was my hero, my love. He was my world. Though, I try to pretend that, I am ok. I still cry alone lot of times. Sometimes my soul and his memories are screaming from within my subconcious but what the world sees is very calm and composed lady. Hence, decided to come to this forum and vent out and relate to other people who have lost their love to this universe.

• Members

I can totally understand your feelings. I lost my father on Saturday, July 28th. I feel like I am going crazy. I cry my heart out one minute and the next I am numb and emotionless, for an entire day sometimes. I don't think I've truly understood what it means to have my Dad be gone, after all I've never lived life without him. He was only 64 and he just became a grandfather for the first time. He loved my daughter so much and I'm so angry at life for taking him away from her. He got a simple cold virus but he was on immune system suppressing drugs for an auto immune disease that he had. Over 3 weeks he got the virus, got pneumonia, had to be put on a ventilator, became septic, his kidneys failed, blood pressure couldn't maintain without medications, his bone marrow was affected and he had no white blood cells, red blood cells, or platelets, and his hands and feet turned purple from the lack of oxygenation despite 100% oxygen at the highest ventilator setting. The doctors said there was nothing more they could do and he had less than 1% chance of survival. We made the decision to turn off the life support as my dad was always passionate about not being kept alive with no hope of recovery. Even though those were his wishes, having to make the decision haunts me. As does his face as he passed. I want to remember him full of life, not remember him as I saw the life leaving him. I don't know how I'll ever cope with this. And my mom, she's a wreck. She's been staying with me. But she's going to go home tomorrow and im so worried about her being alone. I have a husband and a daughter that I need to be around for, I'm feeling so torn in so many directions. I just keep thinking how unfair life is and wondering how life wiill ever be ok again.

• Members

It's been 18 years since my father passed and I miss him every day. But now I can find the blessings in the fact that I had him for a little while. It is so important to do things daily to keep him near to you. I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way but I think it is so important to live a life that he would be proud of and do things in my life that would honor him. After the death of my grand niece I created memorial blankets, you can find them at www.lillammlappies.com I wish I would have had these after his passing it would have helped tremendously. they have such a healing quality, that I really want to share them with as many people facing such heartbreak as I can. Death is such a hard thing to deal with that even breathing becomes complicated. Keep on keepin' on life has a way of going on and eventually you will feel like getting back up, but until then I agree with Becca, cry when you need to, take care of yourself and just take it minute by minute or even second by second if that's what it takes. my heart is with you

Archived