Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

having a hard time getting life insurance back

stefaniemcc

• Members
stefaniemcc

myself and my brother both gave up our carrer's to take care of our father who was passing away from als full time so he would not end up in a hospital or home. we were glad to do it and make sure he passed at home with us by his side, but in the end it hurt us because we couldnt get the life insurance back that we were intiled to. It has been a month and a half and we are still waiting. we sold all of our fathers things to pay our bills for the first month but now we are getting worried about how we will pay next months bills. i just pray we will get it because it doesnt seem right that we should be is such a bad place when we were just doing what we needed to do for our father. has anyone else had issues with life insurance and how do you handle it. it defentally makes me question my decision for closing my daycare, i was so scared to do it because i was afraid i would be in this position. Due to my dad passing 2 weeks after my surger i cant even work if i wanted to so i could really use this life insurance.i know my dad wouldnt want us to be going through this just because we helped him i know he would want us to get the money he was so greatful for what my brother and mysel gave up for him to have his children taking care of him.if you have been through this problem how do you handle it because you dont want to say you should get money but you know you father set this up so you and your brother would be ok after we lost him

• Members

Justlosthim,

I am so sorry you have lost your father. Unfortunately, the life insurance situation may take some time to sort through. I know when my father died, it took a few months to get everything in order. It was courageous and loving of both of you to give up your lives to make sure your father was cared for.

We will be here for you,

ModKonnie

• Members
sumitseoleaderindia

They will ask you about medical history and most likely they will ask you to undergo certain tests. When filling a questionnaire, be careful about what you write. It should be truthful and straight. If you lie and companies find out, it can annul the policy.

• Members

i too am having troubles with life insurance. my problem is a little different; i think yours will work out. I fear mine will not. Our policy was brand new, issued july 1 2012 and Jerry passed on July 5, making it "contestable" per the contract. I've bbeen told as Modkonnie relayed to you that life insurance can take a few months to sort out. it is good to stay, even daily, in touch with your agent or carrier. i do mine. i hope that is of some help to you. you were both very brave to give up careers (and have a surgery too) to take care of your father. God bless you for it. Val

Archived