Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

All the things that she'll miss...

Chloe

• Members

I've been thinking a lot lately about all the things that my mum will miss since she's not here.

She passed when she was just 47, so we'll never celebrate her big 50th birthday. I won't be able to tease her about 'getting old'.

She won't be able to meet her best friend's grandson, due any day now, who she was so excited to meet. She won't get to see me be his godmother or watch him grow up.

She didn't get to see me finish high school and won't be able to help me when I inevitably start stressing about my A-Levels and university.

She won't get to help me buy my first house, which she would've done since she was obsessed with property shows.

And she'll never get to meet her grandchildren, which is the one that hurts the most. I'm only 16, so the prospect of children is still far in the future, but I still think about it a lot. It hurts that my kids will probably only have one grandmother and will only know about my mum through stories I tell and pictures they see.

This was just something I was thinking about and thought I'd post, since I just wanted to let it all out but if you guys have anything you want to post about your parents and what they won't be here to see, then feel free.

• Members
Daffodilfun

I don't know what else to say except that I completely understand. Hang in there. Remember that on those special days your mom will be there in your heart.

• Members

My son is now 26 and never knew either grandmas' or the one grandpa they are died before he was born. He has made it through but it sure was hard on me, him not getting to know them. Now his dad is gone, He is the only child so now he really feels alone.

• Members

I went to see the baby, who was born just yesterday, today but it didn't make me feel any better.

It didn't help that it was in the hospital where she died.

I don't see anything getting any better. I just want a way out.

• Members
cant move on

Chloe. It's very concerning to hear you keep talking about how you want a way out. Things will get better, even though you don't think so right now. Keep talking and I'm sure everyone here will be happy to keep listening. Unfotunately there are many people your age in this position. You talking with them would probably help both sides immensely. But by all means keep posting where you feel comfortable. And please make sure you have the appropiate contact numbers wherever you are in case things get to hectic. I don't want to assume but I bet ModKonnie could help you with that.

• Members
mckathy6683

i know it's hard to think about all the thigs she won't be here for, but remember all the wonderful things you did get to share with her. i'm sure times spent with you were some of the best in her life. thankfully you'll alwys have those memories.

I've been thinking a lot lately about all the things that my mum will miss since she's not here.

She passed when she was just 47, so we'll never celebrate her big 50th birthday. I won't be able to tease her about 'getting old'.

She won't be able to meet her best friend's grandson, due any day now, who she was so excited to meet. She won't get to see me be his godmother or watch him grow up.

She didn't get to see me finish high school and won't be able to help me when I inevitably start stressing about my A-Levels and university.

She won't get to help me buy my first house, which she would've done since she was obsessed with property shows.

And she'll never get to meet her grandchildren, which is the one that hurts the most. I'm only 16, so the prospect of children is still far in the future, but I still think about it a lot. It hurts that my kids will probably only have one grandmother and will only know about my mum through stories I tell and pictures they see.

This was just something I was thinking about and thought I'd post, since I just wanted to let it all out but if you guys have anything you want to post about your parents and what they won't be here to see, then feel free.

• Members
melissapanda911

Chloe, although I'm (a bit) older, 30, I have never been married or had children. I don't even know if I will or want to, but it still possible my mom could miss those things in my life.

My mom died 2 Weeks ago on July 8th. At her funeral, people I never even met came to tell me congratulations on my job promotion my mom told them about because she was so proud... I don't technically get promoted for 2 more months so she won't even get to be around for something she had been so excited about.

I understand exactly what you're feeling. My heart goes out to you.

Unfortunately I cannot give much advice, as this is so new to me, but I can offer support. My email is melissareno0@gmail.com. If you're interested in corresponding, I'd love to hear from you. I'm definitely on need of someone who understands how awful and heartbreaking it is to lose one's mother.

• Members
immissingyou

I'm so sorry for your loss. There are so many things I didn't get to do with my grandmother, so many things she won't get to see. It consumes me sometimes when I think how much of my children's life she missed, how close she was to them and to not be able to see them grow and change as that was such an important part of her day - hearing the stories about what they did, etc. I have to really work on focusing on all that she did get and all that we did have. She got to meet all three of my children and spend time with them. She got to see them all baptized in the same church I was baptized and married in. She got to be a part of their lives in some way so that each of them does have a memory of her and of how much she loved them. It's been five years and I still miss her desperately. You have to hold onto the things that bring you comfort and let go of the others.

• Members

Hi Chloe. I am so sorry to hear over the loss of your mom. I recently just lost my grandma to pancreatic cancer. It has been very difficult. I am turning 16 soon and I was thinking about all the times my grandma will miss. I am not going to have a Sweet 16 now and she will miss all of these celebrations and events. If you need someone to talk to you could talk to me. I know what it is like to lose someone very close to you. My mom just lost her mom, my grandma who passed away to pancreatic cancer. Please write back soon. I would like to talk to you soon. You could email me as well if you go to my profile page there is an email button or you could just write back to me through these messages. Thank you. Samantha

Archived