Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

little brother died

sherriteat

• Members
sherriteat

Here's my story...thanks for reading it....on may 18 my brother Dustin was 28 and a soldier stationed in Italy but went to Croatia with a buddy for the weekend to rock climb. There was an equipment malfunction and they both fell and he didn't make it. They weren't discovered until 12-24 hrs after the fall. His friend barely alive survives. I can't believe he's gone he had such a rough start in life and just in the last 5 yrs joined the army and became a SGT he served in afghanistan and just signed up for a second tour Im angry that he died while his friend is alive. Im angry im just angry and I miss him.

• Members

Sherrimarie,

I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. How tragic the accident sounds! Being angry, missing him, feeling all kinds of emotions is okay and very normal. Are you his only family? Are you able to talk to his friend? Is it too painful to talk to him?

Are you taking care of yourself? Do you sleep or eat well? Are you getting out and working or doing activities? I know it is very hard, and it will certainly take some time.

We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

• Members
sherriteat

He wasn't married or had any kids and mostly all of his friends are in the Army either Afghanistan or Italy. I still don't sleep well I have nightmares most nights. I stay home with my 3 kids. Which he loved his nephews so much. I just feel so guilty getting out and doing things.

Archived