Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Father's Day

SadRN

• Members

Well, it is the second Father's Day without my dad, and it hurts. Life has gone on, and I am enjoying my job and family again, but it hit me pretty hard today. I went to visit my mom, who now lives with her boyfriend in my parents' house (she had been dating him for 15 years turns out), and she doesn't have the air conditioner on because he likes to save money and gets mad if she turns it on. It was 83 degrees F in there. I couldn't stay long. I don't feel comfortable in my childhood home anymore. I miss my dad so much. I always enjoyed going to see him and chatting about life, and eating together. He would have loved how my son has learned so much in the last couple of years (to ride his bike, play golf, collect coins, etc.)- so much like him. I am very thankful for all of the my blessings- my wonderful husband and son, my job, my home, my amazing friends- but I still miss my dad. I have pretty bad thoughts about mom's boyfriend at times because I know how very manipulative he is and how much money of hers he spends (he has no money, hasn't worked in years). His own son will have nothing to do with him. Mom has alienated most of her friends because of this man, but I can't say anything. Sometimes I just want to move far away and live a completely different life. Hope everyone else out there is surviving this day.

• Members

I can relate. This is my third father's day without my dad. I still miss him, too. My childhood home is gone. Mom sold it to move up near my sister and I. I just became a grandmother four weeks ago, and my dad would love my grandson. It's just so sad that Charles will never know Dad. I, too, have been blessed with a good home and children, but I will always miss my father.

ModKonnie

• Members

I grew up without a father and i am struggling today, missing my mother. so sorry for all of your losses.

• Members

I had to fly back to my country of residence on Father's Day after having gone home for my Father's funeral, etc. after he died in an accident. Trust me, it was tough!

I ended up swimming out into the ocean in his honor because I live on an island where he took me as a child.

Archived