Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

i miss him so much

vrablick

• Members

i Miss him so much. And i find myself asking WHY? Why my husband, and their father? He was a MAJOR player in their lives. During his chemo he would go on field trips or volunteer in their classrooms. (which the kids loved) He went to all the sporting events or parties, since he too was a teacher he watched our kids over the summer and took them everywhere. While i worked they went to movies, lunch, clothes shopping. How many Dads will take 3 daughters clothes and shoe shopping? And like it? Well Mike did. At his school they placed a plaque on his classroom because there too he was SOO loved. I wish he knew how many people truly loved him. (that was his insecurity) This brings me back to WHY?? Not that you would wish death on anyone, but why not the dead beat dad? Or the divorcing dad whose kids DONT want to see him on his weeekends? WHY MIKE? I miss u! hey baby!

• Members

Hi,

I am so sorry for your loss. We may never know "why" and it seems so unfair. Do you journal? Do you talk to others about your loss?

ModKonnie

• Members
justsomeguy

HI,

Like you, I have asked why many times. I don't think there is an answer. Everyone's situation is different and I can only share from limited experience. My kids are my rock. They get me through the toughest of times. My littlest ones are four and six and were very close to their Mom. My older kids were looking to her for advice on life. It is not fair, it is not right, but it is what it is. The pain that I feel and they feel will not go away, the only thing we can do is be there for each other.

As we alway have, I make sure to tell all of my kids I love them everyday, try to have a bit of fun and if they need to talk about Mom, we do. Everyone once in a while they even get to see me cry, which was a new thing for all of them (kind of freaked them out at first).

Like I said, I don't have any answers. Just wanted to let you know that there are others feeling similar pain.

Bob

Archived