Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

What is Normal

Dillan's mom

• Members
Dillan's mom

I lost my 17 year old son almost a month ago. Some days I miss him so much it hurts and the empty feeling I have is overwhelming. Other days I try to convince myself that it is not true. I can not look at his pictures, go in his room and I have had his truck put some place that I can not see it. Its like if I can pretend it did not happen and convince my mind that it is not real I can cope. Am I crazy? He was my whole world. I do not know how to go on without him. I have people telling me that I have to find a new normal, I can not imagine life being normal again. I can not get the images of his accident out of my mind. I know I am rambling and I apologize but that is all I seem to do latley. Can anyone tell me if I am reacting in a normal way? I feel so lost.

• Members
westleysmom

Dillan's Mom-You are normal in this crazy abnormal world we find ourselves in after the death of our child. My son Westley died in his sleep January 13, 2010, 6 days before he would have had his 21st birthday. I have been posting here since that summer and it has helped me so much to feel like I'm not really crazy, or at least if I am, that anybody would be under the same circumstances, so that makes me feel better about being crazy. Please come to "Loss of Adult Child" thread and add reply there. That is the most active place on here and there are lots of parents there who will understand your grief and heartache. I hope that you will come there if you feel like it because it has helped me so much. A lot of those who post on there go directly there and don't always see new parents posts, but they will welcome you with open arms and big shoulders to cry on as you try to find your way. It is not fair that we have to live in a world where they are gone. I still haven't cleaned out Westley's room and I don't know when I will, and it has been over 2 years. His car sits in the driveway and I still can't believe he's gone. You are not crazy, you are grieving and it just takes a long long time. My heart to you.

• Members
Jeff's Mom

Dillan's Mom...I agree with Rhonda...please do come and join us on the site for Loss of Adult Child. You will be most welcome and I hope you find a degree of support and help in talking to us. I am so sorry for your loss. My son Jeff died suddenly on December 12, 2009. It is a very rough road that we walk along through this grief. Yet, we somehow help to bolster each other up when we are at a low. Thinking of you.

Kate

Archived