Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Sadness, Anger & Frustration

gs22feb

• Members

I lost my dad 6 month's ago to cancer.. he bravely fought it for over two months but unfortunately did not make it. and to add insult to injury, my nana (his mom) also left us. and I was the one closest to both of them and it is like the entire support system of life is gone. at least two thirds of it. The initial few weeks/ months were fine as I guess i was just numb to all that was happening. But now as reality seeps in, i find myself miserable each day. I know they say the pain will be ok in days to come. BUt i dont have any hope . i don't feel any hope. Now life is just about taking each day as it comes. Just getting through the day. *sigh* it is like someone has just sucked every bit of positivity i had in me.

Nothing will ever feel the void i feel.

• Members
Daffodilfun

My mom died almost three months ago and like you the first couple of months seem to go OK. But now I cry through out the day. I mean CRY. Your are right, it does feel like someone sucked the life out of me. I pray it all does get better, but right now....

Hang in there. We are doing what we can and what we are doing is normal.

• Members
debbie8800

Gari: I know how you feel, its going to take time to heal, it gets easier and better with time and the pain is not as strong. hang in there. I lost my mom 6 months ago. I was crying tonight, miss her so much.

• Members

i miss nana so very much too.. she was so very much beyond her age... life can be so unfair at times.. but as i read some where death is the eternal truth... no one can run from it..

Gari: I know how you feel, its going to take time to heal, it gets easier and better with time and the pain is not as strong. hang in there. I lost my mom 6 months ago. I was crying tonight, miss her so much.

• Members

thank you for your msg! i can so empathize with what you are going through. I find myself crying out of the blue too.. today, someone brought this dish which dad used to always get for us as kids and that was it. I want to get my faith back in prayer but i have no faith left in me another.

but you are right.. other than just continuing to breathe there is nothing much to do.. sign

My mom died almost three months ago and like you the first couple of months seem to go OK. But now I cry through out the day. I mean CRY. Your are right, it does feel like someone sucked the life out of me. I pray it all does get better, but right now....

Hang in there. We are doing what we can and what we are doing is normal.

• Members

I am beginning to come to terms with my pops dying. For the past couple of weeks I was able to not deal with anything other than business of the family and being there for my ma. It afforded me the opportunity to not focus on me. Now that I am back home I have no direction,feel sad most of the time,only allow my self to feel when no one is around. I have a 19 year old with child a 12 year old and 14 year old. My lady is away at work most of the day. I take care of a 6 month old baby and that is where I try to focus my attention. The past week since coming home has been progressively worse. I finally got some sleep last nite I have been going on about an average of 1-2 hrs maybe per nite. My dad is a man of god.! He taught for more than 40 years. He was very capable teacher,leader,mentor,campus minister,retreat leader,etc. He made himself available to help any and all who sought his counsel. Please try not to spend to much time in morbid reflection. I find many that lined out the building to pay their respects as reasons to not spend huge amounts time on reflecting on how bad things are. Even though at times I find myself going there because the realization is setting in that he is no longer there for advice or a chat. Try to find the light and remember that all things have a season. We may not like the realization that we really do not control the universe like we think we do. We are all gifts to be cherished what we do to one another is how we will be made whole again. Sincerly, Richard

Archived