Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

mom

debbie8800

• Members
debbie8800

Hello everyone;

I haven't been on here in awhile. I lost my 87 year old mother 6 months ago. I am better but still devestated without her. As i read the new posts the first few months are usually awful while we struggle with the new loss and try to find

our way. I have joined a grief support group and it is helping quite a bit. I have serious housing isses. Can't get my own place till august and i have roommates that are a little kooky. I have started taking good care of myself which I

couldn't do while caring for mom. I am only 53 and i think i have arthritis. I did life mom and putting the wheel chair on the car, etc all takes a toll.

I loved my mother so much and would do anything to have her back again. I am at the point now where i remember the good times we had, like driving across country together. I cherish her pictures.

I haven't felt a deep love for anything since she died.

In august i will have a little extra money and i hopefully will get my own place and a few pets to start off. I have one more week of classes then am hoping to get a job. If no job surfaces I will move out of jersey in late august.

Nothing is the same you just learn to live without that person. I cannot believe it has been 6 months. How time flies. Prayers for all for healing, strength, endurance and passion to move forward as the new you without the one you loved.

Nameste ~~~Praying for everyone.

• Members
Jeff's Mom

Hello everyone;

I haven't been on here in awhile. I lost my 87 year old mother 6 months ago. I am better but still devestated without her. As i read the new posts the first few months are usually awful while we struggle with the new loss and try to find

our way. I have joined a grief support group and it is helping quite a bit. I have serious housing isses. Can't get my own place till august and i have roommates that are a little kooky. I have started taking good care of myself which I

couldn't do while caring for mom. I am only 53 and i think i have arthritis. I did life mom and putting the wheel chair on the car, etc all takes a toll.

I loved my mother so much and would do anything to have her back again. I am at the point now where i remember the good times we had, like driving across country together. I cherish her pictures.

I haven't felt a deep love for anything since she died.

In august i will have a little extra money and i hopefully will get my own place and a few pets to start off. I have one more week of classes then am hoping to get a job. If no job surfaces I will move out of jersey in late august.

Nothing is the same you just learn to live without that person. I cannot believe it has been 6 months. How time flies. Prayers for all for healing, strength, endurance and passion to move forward as the new you without the one you loved.

Nameste ~~~Praying for everyone.

Hey Debbie, have not spoken to you in quite some time. How are you getting along? Is it really six months already? Wow...where does the time go?I think your idea of perhaps buying a pet is a good one. They give so much love and comfort. Remember our black lab? Well, she is holding her own. But she developed diabetes and is now blind. We have her on a strict routine with insulin shots every twelve hours, etc. It is pretty demanding, but this old gal has definitely earned her Brownie points in our opinion. She has such a gentle nature and loves everyone.

You are so right that things change after the loss of a significant person in your life. It sure takes time to adjust to living without them. Once you get settled and in a place of your own you may find things will start to fall into place. Sorry about the arthritis. No fun getting older. Aches and pains to boot. Do you go to yoga? I noticed the Nameste at the end of your post. Anyway, take care and good luck with your classes! Have a good weekend.

Kate

• Members
debbie8800

Hi Kate: Yes i do yoga, it keeps me going, i swim at the health club, do zumba, all of it, have to keep busy you know. lol Hope your getting on ok, sorry to hear about your dog, cherish him for as long as you can.

Have a blessed Sunday, nice to hear from you. I am hoping to be over in scotland before the end of the year is out will see. lol

Archived