Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Just Feeling So Sad.

Sarajsimon

• Members
Sarajsimon

I'm just feeling so sad right now. So hopeless and quiet and just so sad. I know through grieving we go through a zillion different emotions, but most of the time I'm just so sad. Not angry or mad, just sad. I miss my daddy so much, my heart is aching for him. I can't believe he's not here.

Do you guys feel this way?

• Members

I'm just feeling so sad right now. So hopeless and quiet and just so sad. I know through grieving we go through a zillion different emotions, but most of the time I'm just so sad. Not angry or mad, just sad. I miss my daddy so much, my heart is aching for him. I can't believe he's not here.

Do you guys feel this way?

I feel that way and I lost my Mother almost 2 years ago. I still can't believe she is gone. I keep waiting for my phone to ring and for her to be on the other line :(

• Members

Feel the same, 27 years old and I'd give anything to have my Dad back with us. Been over a year since we lost him and it's only been getting hard for me now. sad.gif

• Members
Sarajsimon

I know I'm only fourteen and I lost my dad about three months ago. People say it will get better, but I swear it's getting worse

• Members
Caitlinmarie19

I lost my mother almost 4 years ago and I feel the same way. It is so painful and I feel like somethings can get easier but the death of my mother for me is heartache that lasts for a life time. It frustrates me the most to have to live a life like Its normal when its not the most important person to me is no longer here. The person who's egg created me no longer is here just dissapeared nothing left but memories of what used to be and just a past that I would give anything to replay over and over because it would be way better than living in a painful future and present with out her.

• Members
Sarajsimon

Caitlin-

I know does this pain ever go away?? This isn't fair. I don't understand this all.. Life is so painful and then we just die. What is the point of it all??

• Members

i can only imagine how you feel. i guess the pain never really goes away. we try and make peace with it.. aceppt it as God's will perhaps .. keep the faith... they say when He gives pain he gives the strength to bear the pain too

Caitlin-

I know does this pain ever go away?? This isn't fair. I don't understand this all.. Life is so painful and then we just die. What is the point of it all??

• Members
dizzydancingway

I lost my mom over a year ago, when I was 27. I don't think the pain will ever go away, but it does feel less constant for me. I feel sad and heartbroken, but its more like in short bursts, whereas before, especially in the first 6 months, I feel it weighing on me all the time. Now it creeps up quietly, hangs out--hurts me just the same--but kinda saunters away after 20 minutes or an hour. Its weird because there are times where I think of my mom and it doesn't make me sad, more wistful, but it still aches and I still miss her so much.

Its weird how grief changes with time. Its still there, but not really in the same way. I guess part of it is that I'm learning more and more to accept her absence and to not fight it. I can feel sad and miss her, but I don't battle with the feeling like I did initially. I've gotten kind of used to how unfair life can be, how a person can be 27 and gipped of 30 more years with her mom, and how things will change without warning, without our permission.

I guess how I really feel is NOT less sad--I still cry all the time about it--but I'm more used to the sadness, and more accepting of its presence in my life. I know I can't really do anything but cry and let myself feel sad, and then pick myself up and try to keep living.

• Members
GreenEyes284

Your post reached out to me in a way that I never felt. I feel like we are going through the same experiences, but I lost my Dad. I too was 27 when he died. I am 28 now, and it's almost a year since I lost him to cancer. It's sad and there really isn't a better way to describe it. I too feel gipped of the 20-30 more years I could have had with my Dad and it seems like life will never be the same again.

I lost my mom over a year ago, when I was 27. I don't think the pain will ever go away, but it does feel less constant for me. I feel sad and heartbroken, but its more like in short bursts, whereas before, especially in the first 6 months, I feel it weighing on me all the time. Now it creeps up quietly, hangs out--hurts me just the same--but kinda saunters away after 20 minutes or an hour. Its weird because there are times where I think of my mom and it doesn't make me sad, more wistful, but it still aches and I still miss her so much.

Its weird how grief changes with time. Its still there, but not really in the same way. I guess part of it is that I'm learning more and more to accept her absence and to not fight it. I can feel sad and miss her, but I don't battle with the feeling like I did initially. I've gotten kind of used to how unfair life can be, how a person can be 27 and gipped of 30 more years with her mom, and how things will change without warning, without our permission.

I guess how I really feel is NOT less sad--I still cry all the time about it--but I'm more used to the sadness, and more accepting of its presence in my life. I know I can't really do anything but cry and let myself feel sad, and then pick myself up and try to keep living.

• Members
dizzydancingway

It is different to lose a parent at this age. I only have one friend that lost a parent at a younger age. Since my mom passed, I've had a good number of friends and coworkers reach out to me, having lost their own parents. They were all at least 10 years older than me when their mom or dad passed and, though the pain is much the same, I carry around this weight that doesn't seem to exist in their grief. I don't mean to say that my pain is worse in any way, but it does feel different somehow. Sometimes I feel crippled by how many years I won't have with my mom, and how many experiences she won't see me through. I was just coming into a part of my relationship where I viewed my mom as an equal, where I could enjoy her as a person, not just as a mom. By far the most difficult aspect of my grief was coming to terms with how young I felt to be losing a mom…to be 27 and know that I would be spending the rest of my life without her presence. It was hard enough for her to suddenly disappear from existence, but when I added on all those years that could have been…well, it still breaks my heart.

Tomorrow's my mom's birthday and its much harder for me to face than Mothers Day. On Mother's Day I thought a lot about my aunts, who I now look to as my moms, but tomorrow there is no avoiding my mom's absence.

I know it is difficult to find peace in all the grief, but it does help to know that there are others who know what you are going through. My boyfriend lost his mom in his 20s too and its been healing to have his understanding. Thats another reason I started coming here right after my mom died...I wanted to hear from other people that were going through this. Its been a year for me and I still come back to read what other people are going through!

Anyhow, greif is greif, no matter how you cut it, and we're all struggling with it in our own ways, no matter how young or old or how close or distant we were to our parent...it sucks.

• Members

Sarajsimon,

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this at such a young age. My heart goes out to you.

I lost my dad last year, when I was 32, and that was too young - I'll be honest, I'm still really struggling with it. He raised me, he was my best friend, and everything has sort have lost it's luster since he left. I know what you mean when you talk about feeling that quiet, aching sadness - I feel that a lot. But, it does get better and life does go on. Before this happened, I guess I assumed you just hit a point where you stopped grieving. Now I realize that you never really stop, but you learn to deal with it, and you learn to stay connected to your loved one and to learn from their loss. That's what I'm trying to do now- to find hints of him in my every day life and grow from it. I'm not always doing such a great job - I cry about my dad a lot more than I laugh - but I am starting to see little changes. I've become much more spiritual, more focused on what really matters in life...all that cliche stuff that's actually true.

Sending you love,

Julia

I know I'm only fourteen and I lost my dad about three months ago. People say it will get better, but I swear it's getting worse

Archived