Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I wish she was here!

cruise

• Members

Its been four months since Gloria passed away and I miss her very much. I think of all the great times we had together and how I miss her laugh and beautiful smile. At night I turn the tv on by the couch where she spent most of her time and pretend she's still here. She was a wonderful mother and had a daughter going to medical school in california. Its sad that she won't see her daughter graduate from school. Although her daughter lived in another state gloria talked almost daily to her giving her advice and helping her with everything she could. I still think of gloria all the time in every thing I do. I'm glad she is in a better place and not having to be cared for by nurses. Her mother passed last year at the age of 83 and Gloria was in the same care center as her mother. She was in the care center for a month or so and her health was improving and the last time we talked she said her back was hurting and she passed the next morning. Gloria was laughing and jokeing with the nurses the whole time she was sick and never seemed depressed at all but she was good at hiding her emotions. I'm 56 years old and I've had a lot of friends pass away in the last few years but when somebody you live with passes it's unthinkable. I have a different outlook about passing than I had before and have become a little more with god! Gloria rest in peace my dear! I will see you soon!!!!

• Moderators

I'm so sorry for your loss, but for whatever it's worth you seem to be doing as well as can be expected - hang in there, my thoughts and prayers with you!

• Members
snoogans775

It's great that you were able to reach out. It is so important to feel the presence of others when someone near dies.

• Members

I lost my husband 4/11/12. If he had lived one more month we would have been married a year. The house seems to be getting bigger. That probably sounds crazy. I had to change some things right away, like our bedroom, but the rest of the house just feels like I am rambling around. And is it really that way or if I keep finding things to do then these moments of intense sadness and loss seem easier. I have wonderful family and friends and great work support but for all I expected when he was sick I never imagined those moments and just uncontrolable sobbing. I know it will get better. Saying lots of prayers and trying not to wish time away to get to the "better" side. I know what you mean about just wishing they were here.

• Moderators

I think precious little if anything is or really sounds crazy at a time like this. You are just starting your journey through this choppy sea; you need to give yourself time.....

Archived