Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

All Alone

mrsbeast

• Members

I lost my beloved mother in a motorcycle accident on March 28, 2012. She was going around a curve, went over the double yellow line, lost control, and hit a truck head-on. She was killed instantly. I am 17 years old. I have an older brother who currently holds custody of my younger sister and I. I have no contact with my father. I feel like the world is on my shoulders. I miss her so much. She was my best friend. Her boyfriend was riding on his motorcycle behind her. He saw the whole thing. Being a nurse just like her, he tried to do CPR. It was too late. I think the hardest part was being with her body when we picked her up from the morgue. She was in a black bag with a blanket over it... All of us agreed that we didn't want to remember her as being all beat up. My mommy sure was beautiful. She had this amazing personality. She always made everything better... Everyone says I look just like her. I wish I was half as beautiful as she was. We didn't have money to have her buried, so we had to burn her. Her boyfriend bought us all a necklace to put some of her ashes in. I graduate high school the day after Mother's Day. It's going to be so hard walking across the stage without her there. It's hard to remember her voice. I wish I could see her again. Lately, I've been having nightmares about her. Is this normal?

• Members

I am so so very sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful fun loving woman. I'm sure as you grow and mature you will see your mom in who you become. Lossing a loved one is never eaisy and you will find so meny emotions you'll go through. Please come back and read or share your mom with us any time, It does help. Vivian-Kevin's Mom

• Members

I am so so very sorry for your loss. She sounds like a wonderful fun loving woman. I'm sure as you grow and mature you will see your mom in who you become. Lossing a loved one is never eaisy and you will find so meny emotions you'll go through. Please come back and read or share your mom with us any time, It does help. Vivian-Kevin's Mom

Thank you so very much. Everyone says I'm just like her. She was such a strong woman. Sometimes I feel happy for her, but other times I'm selfish and I wish she was here with me.post-298606-0-66727600-1335712243_thumb.

• Members
Daffodilfun

You are never selfish for wanting your mom with you. Never. Moms are special that way.

Thank you so very much. Everyone says I'm just like her. She was such a strong woman. Sometimes I feel happy for her, but other times I'm selfish and I wish she was here with me.post-298606-0-66727600-1335712243_thumb.

• Members

You are never selfish for wanting your mom with you. Never. Moms are special that way.

We don't like to think of ourselves as being selfish. She went to heaven. How could I want to take her out of such a wonderful place to come be with me? That's pretty selfish...

• Members

I'm sorry about your mom. I lost mine too...on 3/13/12. Lost my dad 6 years ago. I was so afraid I would forget my dad's voice too. It took a little time, but after some really heart wrenching dreams/nightmares, I started to have dreams where my dad was just there...in the dream...in my life... like he always was...doing nothing special...he was just there. His voice, his smile, his hugs. It will come...be patient.

I lost my beloved mother in a motorcycle accident on March 28, 2012. She was going around a curve, went over the double yellow line, lost control, and hit a truck head-on. She was killed instantly. I am 17 years old. I have an older brother who currently holds custody of my younger sister and I. I have no contact with my father. I feel like the world is on my shoulders. I miss her so much. She was my best friend. Her boyfriend was riding on his motorcycle behind her. He saw the whole thing. Being a nurse just like her, he tried to do CPR. It was too late. I think the hardest part was being with her body when we picked her up from the morgue. She was in a black bag with a blanket over it... All of us agreed that we didn't want to remember her as being all beat up. My mommy sure was beautiful. She had this amazing personality. She always made everything better... Everyone says I look just like her. I wish I was half as beautiful as she was. We didn't have money to have her buried, so we had to burn her. Her boyfriend bought us all a necklace to put some of her ashes in. I graduate high school the day after Mother's Day. It's going to be so hard walking across the stage without her there. It's hard to remember her voice. I wish I could see her again. Lately, I've been having nightmares about her. Is this normal?

• Members
debbie8800

I am sorry and understand your pain. I joined a grief support group and it helps alot. A reverend at the presbyterian church runs it. I lost my mom 5 months ago. She was my best friend and the first 6 weeks or so were awful for me.

I will pray for you. When yo are graduating, look up and say, "this is for you mama." Take care of yourself the pain will lessen with time but its very hard.

Deb

• Members

I'm sorry about your mom. I lost mine too...on 3/13/12. Lost my dad 6 years ago. I was so afraid I would forget my dad's voice too. It took a little time, but after some really heart wrenching dreams/nightmares, I started to have dreams where my dad was just there...in the dream...in my life... like he always was...doing nothing special...he was just there. His voice, his smile, his hugs. It will come...be patient.

Thank you so much. It's good to know I'm not the only one who has nightmares. I don't sleep very well at night. Night time seems to be harder than any other time. My mom and I used to sit on the back porch at night and talk about anything and everything. I sit outside often, sometimes for hours. I really miss her.

• Members

I am sorry and understand your pain. I joined a grief support group and it helps alot. A reverend at the presbyterian church runs it. I lost my mom 5 months ago. She was my best friend and the first 6 weeks or so were awful for me.

I will pray for you. When yo are graduating, look up and say, "this is for you mama." Take care of yourself the pain will lessen with time but its very hard.

Deb

I'm very sorry for your loss. It helps to talk to anyone who will sit and listen without judgement.

• Members

Deb

I'm very sorry for your loss. It helps to talk to anyone who will sit and listen without judgement.

Archived