Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I lost my husband, my best friend

sdoucet

• Members

I am at a loss for words, just want Pete back. I miss him and he wasn't suppose to leave so soon. We were married on February 22, 2012, he passed away from pancreatic cancer on March 3. Ours was a wonderful love story. We were friends before lovers, both in separate marriages at the time, became best friends. After years of struggle, we met up again, and we were, at last together. Only to have a terminal illness come between us! It was fast and furious! I miss him. I don't know who I am any more.

• Members

Pete'sbff,

I am so very sorry about your loss. Of course you miss him. It sounds as though your love story was wonderful. My heart goes out to you as I think of how anguished you are that this all happened so suddenly. There are many people here who have lost their life's soulmate. They will be able to offer you encouragement and support as you learn to inch forward little by little.

Are you back to work? Are you able to talk to anyone? Do you have family--either his or yours to lean on? Try to take this little by little, one step at a time. We will be here for you.

There is a forum just a little down this page. It is called "Loss of a Partner." In it, you will find other members learning how to move forward. If you'd like, feel free to post there. I can move your post if you want me to down to that forum. That's where many go to gather to talk about the loss of their partner.

We are here to listen and support you,

ModKonnie

• Members

Oh please, you can move my post, I meant to post it in "Loss of a partner". Thank you for you kind words.

Pete'sbff,

I am so very sorry about your loss. Of course you miss him. It sounds as though your love story was wonderful. My heart goes out to you as I think of how anguished you are that this all happened so suddenly. There are many people here who have lost their life's soulmate. They will be able to offer you encouragement and support as you learn to inch forward little by little.

Are you back to work? Are you able to talk to anyone? Do you have family--either his or yours to lean on? Try to take this little by little, one step at a time. We will be here for you.

There is a forum just a little down this page. It is called "Loss of a Partner." In it, you will find other members learning how to move forward. If you'd like, feel free to post there. I can move your post if you want me to down to that forum. That's where many go to gather to talk about the loss of their partner.

We are here to listen and support you,

ModKonnie

• Members

I'm sorry for your loss. My wife and I were together for 29 years, and on April 2 2012, she was taken from my daughter and I at the age of 53. I don't know what to do without her, like you, she was my best friend

and the rock of my family. I hope this gets a little easier, because this is pure misery. This has got to be the worst pain I have ever felt, such emptiness and despair. Her name was Marianne and I miss her tremendously.

• Members

I understand exactly how you feel, you see, I also lost my best friend, my husband, my love. He died of a massive heart attack. One minute he was here and the next minute he was gone. I didn't even have time to say good-bye.

My husband died 5 months ago and on May 6th, at 3:30pm it will be 6 months. It's been very difficult for me. I was married to him for 41 years and we were always together. I miss him every day..

• Moderators

I understand exactly how you feel, you see, I also lost my best friend, my husband, my love. He died of a massive heart attack. One minute he was here and the next minute he was gone. I didn't even have time to say good-bye.

My husband died 5 months ago and on May 6th, at 3:30pm it will be 6 months. It's been very difficult for me. I was married to him for 41 years and we were always together. I miss him every day..

I'm so sorry Toni. We're on a similar timeline, although diff circumstances. It takes a lot of time and those I've talked to who've lost their love unanimously have agreed that while it's never easy and of course you'll always miss them, it gradually becomes much more manageable. God I hope so anyway. Excuse the cliche but hang in there and try to focus on the positive ie family, friends and of course all those years you had - it's far more than most ever get! Best to you

• Members

I am also so sorry for your loss. I agree with you, it is a pain, a heartbreak that is quite unbearable at times. Odd how one day I think, ok, I can do this and then this wave of emotion washes over me and I am taken back about 20 steps. I am sure it does get easier over time, but I am not sure exactly how long this takes...for me, it seems it will be a long while. I know how you feel and I am sure Marianne knows as well. I keep thinking that way, knowing that Pete is watching over me. Doesn't make it any easier because as I am sure you feel, we want them here physically. We have something to learn from all of this I am sure, cherish all of those wonderful memories and love those who are still with us with all of our heart, nothing really is a big deal any more, those trivial things are just trivial.

I'm sorry for your loss. My wife and I were together for 29 years, and on April 2 2012, she was taken from my daughter and I at the age of 53. I don't know what to do without her, like you, she was my best friend

and the rock of my family. I hope this gets a little easier, because this is pure misery. This has got to be the worst pain I have ever felt, such emptiness and despair. Her name was Marianne and I miss her tremendously.

• Members

I am also so sorry for your loss. I agree with you, it is a pain, a heartbreak that is quite unbearable at times. Odd how one day I think, ok, I can do this and then this wave of emotion washes over me and I am taken back about 20 steps. I am sure it does get easier over time, but I am not sure exactly how long this takes...for me, it seems it will be a long while. I know how you feel and I am sure Marianne knows as well. I keep thinking that way, knowing that Pete is watching over me. Doesn't make it any easier because as I am sure you feel, we want them here physically. We have something to learn from all of this I am sure, cherish all of those wonderful memories and love those who are still with us with all of our heart, nothing really is a big deal any more, those trivial things are just trivial.

I too am sorry for your loss...I lost my soul mate, my husband of 20 years 18 months ago. There are days when I feel like I am making some head way and then I have a huge melt down. Perhaps the melt down is just sheeding some of the greif. My heart breaks that he was not here for his birthday and that he will not be here for our annaverisy. I am sure there are things I need to learn. The loss of your soul mate is a BIG deal and it will take time to heal. Time is what i have.

• Members

I understand your pain. We found out that he had cancer and 10 days later he was gone. He crossed over on October 28, 2010 at 12:15 AM. I was all alone when he crossed. Now.... We were together 20 years. For me time has not healed, but perhaps helped me to deal with it differently. I just resently was able to go through some of his clothes. His shoes are still in the closet and I wear some of his shirts to bed. We had no children so it is just me. I too miss him every day....:(

• Members

I understand your pain. We found out that he had cancer and 10 days later he was gone. He crossed over on October 28, 2010 at 12:15 AM. I was all alone when he crossed. Now.... We were together 20 years. For me time has not healed, but perhaps helped me to deal with it differently. I just resently was able to go through some of his clothes. His shoes are still in the closet and I wear some of his shirts to bed. We had no children so it is just me. I too miss him every day....:(

I feel that pain, too! It's been just over 5 months since I lost my precious husband Bob to liver cancer, at age 63. He was diagnosed Sept 30 2011 and was gone by Dec 22. I went through his clothes today and bagged up 10 bags to give to a friend. I probably wouldn't have done it this soon but she is moving out of the area in a couple of days so that prompted me to do it. I sobbed and sobbed and hugged his clothes. Now it is over, and I'm sitting here trying to recover emotionally from it. Glad I found you all, hang in there!

HarpFreak :blink:

Archived