Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Elephants

Daffodilfun

• Members
Daffodilfun

I can't believe at what I cry for. This last weekend an elephant at the Portland Zoo turned 50. I was watching his party on the evening news and I cried like a baby when they brought out his birthday cake. I know I have seen the elephant many times with my family, but crying at a birthday party for an elephant?? I also cried while I was watching the movie, "We Bought a Zoo". It is a funny movie, but crying like I did was unreal. I miss my mom.

• Members

It will hit at the oddest times. I was with my husband at the Nickelback concert on Sunday and when they played "Far Away" (a song about missing your significant other) I burst into tears thinking about Mom.

I've also been reading a book and will just suddenly burst into tears. Don't know what the trigger was, it was like the floodgates just opened.

It will happen, if the tears need to come, let them come.

I am so sorry for yoru loss!

Archived