Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

I don't know how to feel

lauren_112

• Members

My daughter's dad died on 3/24, and we weren't together. I always figured that our paths would meet again and i would have my family again. His car broke down on the side of the highway and when he was outside of it he was hit by a Semi. I am so torn up about it. i will be ok and then i get struck by a huge rush of emotion and it feels like i am being smothered. I loved that man and now he is gone and i never got to say goodbye.

• Members

Lauren,

It's okay to grieve over him and your lost dreams and hopes. Not being able to say goodbye is hard. However, sometimes, writing a letter to tell your lost loved one exactly what you would like to say helps with the goodbye. After you write it, try reading it out loud or read it during a private ceremony you hold in his honor. I know lots of people who have tried that, and it does work.

ModKonnie

• Moderators

Lauren, I'm so sorry about this. Pls check what I just wrote in the "Still fit in" thread, I think much of it applies. Those rushes of emotion will come and go like an unpredictable sea, knocking you over out of nowhere sometimes. Allow for that and for yourself to grieve and go through this process. Give yourself time and get help in whatever way you can. My thoughts and prayers to you.

Archived