Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

The Hurt never ends!

cruise

• Members

Since my girlfriend passed away I've been going through different stages of grieving, First it was the overwelming shock and feeling helpless on how to go on living without her. The memories of all the things we use to do together and will never do again. The numbness is starting to fade and the reality is hitting hard. I'm still very depressed and lacking of emotions except for the sadness. I work an afternoon shift and return home to a apartment full of her memories and a empty couch where she use to sit. Every day I shed a few tears and wonder why her! She was only 57 years old and to young to die. I'm trying to stay as busy as I can and that seems to help my sadness. When she was in the hospital after she had her stroke she asked me to put the food she had prepared for thanksgiving back in the freezer so we could eat it later. She passed four days before christmas and the Ham we were going to eat is still there. It's hard to lose someone but to have a stroke on thanksgiving eve and pass away right before christmas is awefull! I've been getting mail and phone calls asking for gloria from the hospital where she passed so that doesn't help. The hurt will slowly go away but my sweet gloria with her beautiful betty davis eyes will live on in my heart until I see her again in heaven

• Members

Lane,

I am so sorry about Gloria. She sounds like a wonderful person. Do you have anyone to talk to? What about family or friends? Have you considered professional grief counseling or a grief and loss group? Talking about your loss may help you find a way to begin to move forward. There are many people here who have lost their soulmate. You will find others here who share a similar experience and they will be able to offer you support and encouragement. We would love to hear the story of your life with Gloria when you are able to share it. We will be here for you.

ModKonnie

Archived