Forum Conduct & Guidelines Document ×

Grief support group

debbie8800

• Members

I started in a grief support group last week and it helped alot. Looking forward to going next tuesday night at 6:00 at the Presbyterian Church. Its nice to be around others who have had a loss and we sit around a big table and talk openly. Each of us takes a turn and talks about whatever you want to. 3 people lost their husbands, 2 guys lost their wives and 3 of us lost our mothers.

Nice to know they are there. Its been 4.5 months for me since my mom died, in a way it feels like forever. Does anyone else feel like this. Her memory is fading in ways, im not sure i like that.

• Members

Hi Debbie,

In your grief support group, are members allowed to give comments back after others share their stories? I know in some groups that isn't allowed.

ModKonnie

• Members

yes if you like you can respond to others, the reverend i a nice, gentle sensitive man of the presbyterian church. I have a different problem now i am having problems with one of my classes, the instructor is very difficult, 5 more weeks of dealing with him thank god.

I can't afford to lose my loans i need to do well on all assignments and i did poorly last week, but it was the first week and i was not sure what he was looking for which was a comparitive analysis instead of a straight paper. So i have to learn this strategy and quick.

Online is so much more work and harder in many ways.

Mom i miss you and wish you were here to visit with and see your smiling face, it always made my day, life is not the same without you...I hope you are watching down on me. Don't know what i believe anymore.

• Members

Deb,

Thanks for your response. I am glad you got in a good group. It hopefully will make all the difference for you.

As far as school, I completely agree that online can be harder because of confusing and unclear directions. I am struggling in my own classes this semester, and I only have 4 weeks to go (May 3). A person once gave me some solid advice about school--don't look more than a week ahead or you will become panicked over the amount of work. And, I recently had to redo a project over because my teacher didn't like it. So, it happens, and I am an A student normally.

So, are you able to redo your paper? Even if your professor doesn't say you can, if your grade is that low, then just ask him. And ask for more guidance on it.

ModKonnie

• Members

Deb,

Thanks for your response. I am glad you got in a good group. It hopefully will make all the difference for you.

As far as school, I completely agree that online can be harder because of confusing and unclear directions. I am struggling in my own classes this semester, and I only have 4 weeks to go (May 3). A person once gave me some solid advice about school--don't look more than a week ahead or you will become panicked over the amount of work. And, I recently had to redo a project over because my teacher didn't like it. So, it happens, and I am an A student normally.

So, are you able to redo your paper? Even if your professor doesn't say you can, if your grade is that low, then just ask him. And ask for more guidance on it.

ModKonnie

• Members

Hi Debbie. I was just finishing up an online university course when my mom passed on December 15th. I had an 30 page essay due on the 31st. I had all my notes but hadn't started writing. On the 31st I sat at my computer and thought there was no way I could do that essay. Then I thought, what would mom say. She would tell me to hand in anything I could and if I had to re-do the course, so be it it, but I should at least try. So I ended up writing a 8 page essay and explained the situation to my professor. I ended up with 80%. All the information was there, it just wasn't written the best. Maybe you could explain your situation to your professor???

• Members

Hi Bri and Mod: yes just that first week was bad, my two classes are very difficult this semester but im plugging thru, its 400am just finished an evaluation project for one of them. The other one is requiring a comparitive essay on a politician. oh dear.

Was missing mom today, always seem to miss her more on Sundays which she coined, the day of rest. Hope everyone is doing ok.....

Bridelyn are you from scotland?? I saw you mention it a couple of times.

• Members

No I am in Canada. One of my family lines comes from Scotland (back in the early 1800's I think). But once it is in your blood, you are always a Scot at heart. Mom always wanted the bagpipes at her funeral and it took the funeral home over 50 calls to finally find one. Everything just worked out perfectly.

Archived